The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sounds like a good video game. That absolutely works in Nintendo’s favor as it’s the largest title for the Nintendo Switch’s launch.
One particularly important point of praise comes from Japanese gaming magazin Famitsu. Since its first weekly issue in 1986, Famitsu has only tossed out 23 perfect scores.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the 24th perfect score for Famitsu. It scored a 10/10/10/10, in the magazine’s typical format.
Famitsu’s perfect score past isn’t perfect
Not to denigrate the honor Nintendo received from Famitsu, but perfect scores have been awarded to less than perfect games. There are some wonderful ones, make no mistake, but then there are ones that don’t make much sense.
Here are the other games to achieve the perfect score mark. Which do you think don’t belong?
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Vagrant Story
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
- Final Fantasy XII
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
- Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
- Monster Hunter Tri
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
- Pokemon Black / White
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Final Fantasy XIII-2
- Kid Icarus Uprising
- Yakuza 5
- JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain