At GDC 2015, Microsoft's indie gaming team, [email protected], showed off some of the independent games that will be coming to the system this year, and they made 32 of them available on YouTube, which we've compiled into the above playlist.
There's tons of stuff in here for just about kind of gamer. I'm especially interested in The Sun & The Moon, Pixel Galaxy, and Inside my Radio, but that's just the start. Wasteland 2, Shovel Knight, and Screencheat will be making the jump to the Xbox One console as well.
Microsoft has a list, as well, including some of the games being shown, though this list doesn't cover everything in the playlist above.
- Bedlam (RedBedlam): Based on the novel by award-winning British author Christopher Brookmyre, this is a shooter for everyone who remembers gaming in the '80s and '90s!
- Beyond Eyes (Team17): How does a blind person navigate the world? This unique title might give you some sense of what it's like to live in a world without sight, as you control a young girl in search of her lost cat.
- ClusterPuck 99 (PHL Collective): This competitive sports game features eight-player local competitive action.
- Cuphead (Studio MDHR): A run-and-gun adventure, with plenty of 1930s style animation to keep things interesting! It will make its console debut on Xbox One!
- Earthlock: Festival of Magic (Snowcastle Games): An exciting, nonlinear role-playing game.
- The Flame in the Flood (The Molasses Flood): A rogue-lite river journey through the backwaters of a forgotten post-societal America. It will make its console debut on Xbox One.
- Fortified (Clapfoot Games): An exciting new take on action-strategy games that combines shooter, real-time strategy, and base defense mechanics.
- Game 4 (The Behemoth): One of the weirdest turn-based strategy games you'll ever play, with plenty of The Behemoth's unmistakable style.
- Goat Simulator (Double Eleven): You are a goat, and you are on a rampage. What more do you need to know? More goat to the people!
- LA Cops (Team 17): This top-down strategy shooter celebrates everything awesome about '70s cop fiction.
- Magic the Gathering: F2P (Wizards of the Coast): The world's most beloved collectible card game goes free-to-play! It will make its console debut first on Xbox one
- Mighty No. 9 (Comcept): This Kickstarter darling is the brainchild of acclaimed developer Keiji Inafune, the creator of Mega Man. True side-scrolling perfection!
- Pixel Galaxy (Serenity Forge): It's one heck of a hectic shoot-'em-up, inspired byKatamari Damacy. Grow, make friends, and survive together!
- R.B.I. Baseball 15 (MLB.com): The legendary Major League Baseball franchise returns with fresh game modes, authentic ballparks, improved animations, and deep stat-tracking.
- Rivals of Aether (Dan Fornace): This fighting game challenges you to uncover the elemental mysteries of Fire, Water, Air, and Earth.
- Shadow Blade: Reload (Dead Mage): Guide a young ninja on his journey to seek the teachings of the last remaining ninja master as he embarks on a quest for revenge.
- Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games): Steel thy shovel! The amazing retro sidescrolling adventure is coming to Xbox One!
- SMITE (Hi-Rez Studios): The next evolution in multiplayer online battle arena space. Assemble your team, choose your hero, and destroy your opponents. Stay tuned for details on the Xbox One beta, coming very soon!
- Submerged (Uppercut Games): You're trapped in an ancient, half-submerged city, with next to nothing. Explore the flooded cityscape and scale its buildings in a fight to survive!
- Super Dungeon Bros (React! Games): A multiplayer dungeon-crawling extravaganza with a rock music theme. Get your bros together and get ready to rock out!
- SWORDY (Frogshark): In this multiplayer physics brawler, you will hit your friends until they explode. You really have to see this one to wrap your head around this craziness. We're pleased to say Swordy will debut first on Xbox One.
- The Sun and Moon (Digerati Distribution and Marketing): It's a platformer with a twist: You can dive into the ground, reversing your gravity while conserving your momentum. Winner of the Ludum Dare 29 competition!
- ZHEROS (Rimlight Studios): This 3D action brawler – set in an alternative future universe – is rife with engaging combat and outrageous characters.
Which of the trailers or titles above has you excited?
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Play at home or on the go with these awesome Nintendo Switch games
Nintendo Switch has an excellent catalog of games to play. From platformers to go-karts to open worlds, these are our favorites.