Apple just announced that it will hold its Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) between June 10 and June 14 in San Francisco. Tickets for the event will go on sale April 25 at 10 a.m. PDT. WWDC is usually a software-focused conference, so we expected to hear more about the next version of OS X and what Apple has in store for iOS 7.
Apple CEO Tim Cook said on the company’s earnings call yesterday that we shouldn’t expect new products until the fall of 2013, but Apple has been a little too quiet recently and we still think it’s always possible the company will let us in on a few hardware secrets during the event.
Apple Worldwide Developers Conference to Kick Off June 10 in San Francisco
Tickets on Sale Tomorrow
CUPERTINO, California—April 24, 2013—Apple® today announced that it will hold its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) June 10 through June 14 at San Francisco’s Moscone West. At the five-day conference, developers from around the world will learn about the future of iOS and OS X®, enabling them to create incredible new apps with innovative features. WWDC will also feature more than 100 technical sessions presented by over 1,000 Apple engineers, hands-on labs to help developers integrate new technologies, as well as the popular Apple Design Awards, a showcase of the most outstanding apps available through the App Store℠ and Mac® App Store. Tickets for this year’s WWDC go on sale Thursday, April 25 at 10 a.m. PDT.
“We look forward to gathering at WWDC 2013 with the incredible community of iOS and OS X developers,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “Our developers have had the most prolific and profitable year ever, and we’re excited to show them the latest advances in software technologies and developer tools to help them create innovative new apps. We can’t wait to get new versions of iOS and OS X into their hands at WWDC.”
WWDC 2013 activities include:
- More than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers on a wide range of topics for developing, deploying and integrating the latest iOS and OS X technologies;
- more than 1,000 Apple engineers supporting over 100 hands-on labs and events to provide developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS and OS X technologies in their apps;
- the latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS and OS X, and how to enhance an app’s functionality, performance, quality and design;
- the opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS and OS X developers from around the world—last year more than 60 countries were represented;
- engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with leading minds and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment; and
- Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone®, iPad® and Mac apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.
To purchase tickets, get updates and more information, developers can go to the WWDC website (developer.apple.com/wwdc).
Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices with iPad.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Maximize the battery life of your iPhone X with these battery cases
Not only can these cases protect your phone, but they can also keep the battery going and going.