The Marvel Cinematic Universe has been going strong since 2008, and in the almost 20 movies, virtually every superhero has gone unscathed. Sure, Thor lost an eye and Groot was obliterated (he’s fine, don’t worry). But, by and large, these characters haven’t been in much danger. The arrival of Thanos, however, presents an entirely new challenge.
With Thanos finally in the game, it actually feels like something is at stake. According to Gamora, he has the power to wipe out half the universe with the snap of his fingers. He’s a terrifying, powerful villain who might finally be a match for Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.
I wouldn’t expect Tony Stark’s nightmare to come to fruition in Avengers: Infinity War. But it’s highly unlikely everyone will survive. So, who’s in danger of dying? Some characters, including Spider-Man and Black Panther, are untouchable at this point. Others, like Vision, Captain America, and Nebula, could finally meet their maker.
Below are our best guesses of who we think will live and die in Avengers: Infinity War.
- Captain America (Chris Evans): Chris Evans is reaching the end of his Marvel contract (if he hasn’t already), so his days are numbered. After Civil War, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him make the ultimate sacrifice to save another Avenger. Iron Man, perhaps?
- Loki (Tom Hiddleston): When you make a deal with Thanos, you’re playing with fire. Loki has survived this long by being sneaky and only looking out for himself, but his luck might finally run out.
- Nebula (Karen Gillan): Nebula is hellbent on destroying Thanos, and it’s this lust for revenge that will likely get her killed.
- Vision (Paul Bettany): That Infinity Stone in his noggin will make Vision a prime target of Thanos.
- Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner): Hawkeye will apparently show up in Avengers: Infinity War, we just don’t know when. It’s hard to say how important he’ll be going forward.
- Falcon (Anthony Mackie): It’s very possible Falcon could fly right into a haymaker from Thanos. Or he’ll fly right out of danger, not sure which.
- War Machine (Don Cheadle): After becoming paralyzed in Captain America: Civil War, it will be interesting to see what kind of role War Machine will play.
- Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen): If Vision dies, that will be two very important people in Scarlet Witch’s life who have died.
- Okoye (Danai Gurira): I honestly don’t think Okoye is in danger but it’s hard to imagine that huge battle in Wakanda not having any casualties.
- Drax (Dave Bautista): Drax helped eliminate Ronan. Now, he wants revenge against Thanos.
- Gamora (Zoe Saldana): Would Thanos really kill his favorite daughter?
- Heimdall (Idris Elba): He hasn’t been all that important to the MCU but he continues to hang around.
- The Black Order: At the very least, expect one of the member of the Black Order to perish.
- Spider-Man (Tom Holland): No way in hell will Spider-Man die. I put my house on it. (I don’t own a house.)
- Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.): I went back and forth on this. On the one hand, he’s the longest serving member in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and he has to go at some point. But I’d think he’d have a more graceful exit than dying at the hands of Thanos.
- Thor (Chris Hemsworth): After the success of Thor: Ragnarok, no way is Thor going to meet his doom.
- Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson): She’s been a faithful part of the Avengers and people are demanding a solo film. People would riot if she died.
- Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman): Are you serious? He’s the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s new favorite.
- Star-Lord (Chris Pratt): We know there will be a Guardians of the Galaxy vol 3. and the franchise simply wouldn’t exist without him.
- Rocket (Bradley Cooper): Another stalwart that’s going nowhere.
- Groot (Vin Diesel): He already died once, and even if he does die again, it won’t be as impactful as the first Guardians movie.
- Hulk (Mark Ruffalo): We need to see Hulk and Thor go on more adventures.
- Mantis (Pom Klementieff): Her place in the Guardians world means she’s not in much danger.
- Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch): Doctor Strange hasn’t been around for very long, which means we can expect to see in several more movies.
- Princess Shuri (Letitia Wright): She was the breakout star of Black Panther and an important part of Wakanda.
- Ant-Man (Paul Rudd): He’ll probably have a minor role in Avengers: Infinity War, with another solo movie on the horizon.
- M’Baku (Winston Duke): M’Baku will definitely appear in the Black Panther sequel, which means he’ll survive the big battle at Wakanda.
- Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson): It’s unclear if she’ll even tangle with Thanos or encounter any danger at all.
- Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan): If Captain America dies, someone has to take over the mantle. It will probably be Winter Soldier.
- Wong (Benedict Wong): He was a crucial part of Doctor Strange and will likely remain important in the inevitable sequel.
- Thanos: Ha! With Avengers 4 on the horizon, there’s no way Thanos will die in Avengers: Infinity War.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Step into your favorite film with a pair of 3D glasses
Experience movies and video games in the most realistic way with a pair of 3D glasses. Our guide has the best to help you narrow down your choice.