Android is getting adopted by more and more companies as their operating system of choice for mobile gear, but with that comes a need for more security, and that’s where a device such as the Samsung Captivate Glide steps in.
Built with the needs of business in mind, the Samsung Captivate Glide features enhanced Exchange ActiveSync support for IT policies, task synchronization and global address lookup. It doesn’t skimp on other factors you might want from an Android device with an 8MP camera on the back of shooting up to 1080p video capture. Judging from Mike Perlman’s hands-on video above, it certainly looks like you could do worse.
Samsung Captivate Glide Tech Specs
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 4-inch 480×800 WVGA Super AMOLED
- 1GHz Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H dual core processor
- 1GB RAM/1GB ROM/8GB Internal microSD™ to 32GB (not included)
- Dual camera – 8MP Autofocus w/LED + 1.3MP front
- Full HD 1080p video camera + HDMI playback
- UMTS 850/1900/2100
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- 4G HSPA+ 21 Mbps (Category 14)
- Enhanced Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) to sync email, contacts, calendar and tasks
- Device and SD card encryption
- Virtual private network support
- Mobile Device Management (MDM)