The HTC Thunderbolt was perhaps the biggest star of Verizon’s grand CES showing, and now its getting closer to a rumored February release date with an unofficial unboxing. This is clearly not the retail packaging, but having opened up my fair share of phones, I can tell you the nondescript white box is typical of an HTC sent review unit. We usually see these start to filter out to press a few weeks before a public release, so you Verizon customer have some serious decisions coming up. The unboxer ‘Michael’ shows the incredibly fast bootup times, walks us through the new HTC Sense, and gives a brief tour of the device we already previewed. As a refresher, the Thunderbolt is rocking:
HTC ThunderBolt Specs
- 4G LTE – customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage areas
- 4.3-inch WVGA display
- Mobile Hotspot capability – share 4G connection with up to 8 Wi-Fi devices
- Android 2.2
- 32GB microSD card included
- 8 GB internal storage
- HTC Sense 2.0 with new features, including Fast Boot
- Built-in kickstand for easy media viewing
- Dolby and SRS surround sound
- Fully integrated Skype mobile experience
- 720p HD video recording
- DLNA streaming multimedia support
- Will support simultaneous voice and data over 4G
The only thing we are waiting for now is an official release date and pricing. It’s a great time to be in the market for a smartphone.
Is this the Verizon phone you’ve been waiting for?
[This video was sent courtesy of anonymous tipster, who claimed the original file was pulled down. If you know, and can verify the original source, we’d love to give you credit for a great unboxing score.]
Update: Check out Noah’s HTC Thunderbolt unboxing video!