Verizon Wireless just confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy S III will be available on July 10th. The carrier will offer the 16GB model for $199.99 with a new two-year contract and the 32GB model for $249.99 with a new two-year contract. As a refresher, the Galaxy S III runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and is equipped with a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 2GB of RAM, a microSD card slot for expandable storage, a stunning 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED display and much more. The 16GB model will be available in stores on July 10th but the 32GB model will only be available online before it hits stores in the "coming weeks."
SAMSUNG GALAXY S® III AVAILABLE ON THE VERIZON WIRELESS 4G LTE NETWORK STARTING JULY 10
BASKING RIDGE, N.J. and DALLAS – Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) today announced that the 4G LTE-poweredSamsung Galaxy S® III will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com/
Customers can take advantage of 4G LTE-optimized apps like Color to share live video broadcasts of life's special moments with their Facebook® friends. Sharing live video with audio is an exclusive feature of the Color app on Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE network. Customers can broadcast real-time footage of a newborn's first step with family members who are miles away or share a beautiful view of a vacation spot to make friends at home jealous. Combining America's largest 4G LTE network with the Galaxy S III's 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED™ display creates the perfect duo to watch movies, television shows and other video content with apps like viewdini. Viewdini brings the power of Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE network to the screen by streamlining access to videos from a wide range of content providers, including cable operators, websites and other popular video sources. The viewdini app can be downloaded from Verizon Apps and Google Play.
- Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Mobile Hotspot – Share a 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 2 GB RAM
- Share Shot – Create a temporary photo sharing network with a group of friends who are nearby at the same party or event; photos can be taken by any member of the group and shared with the entire group
- S Beam – Share pictures, videos, documents and more by simply touching two Galaxy S III devices' backs together
- S Voice™ – Featuring natural language recognition, you can control the apps and services used most with words instead of touch
- Pop Up Play – Videos can be played in a small window while customers use the rest of the display to complete other tasks such as typing emails, organizing calendars and updating their social networks
- Evolved camera capabilities – Burst Shot mode instantly captures 20 continuous shots and Best Photo feature selects the best shot to display
- Enhanced camera – 8-megapixel rear camera with zero-lag shutter speed and a 1.9-megapixel front camera so customers can capture pictures and videos of themselves or video chat with family and friends
- microSD™ card slot for expandable memory
The Samsung Galaxy S III is available in 16 GB and 32 GB models for $199.99 and $249.99 respectively with a new two-year customer agreement. The 16 GB model will be available in stores and online starting July 10 and the 32 GB model will be available online starting July 10 and will be in stores in the coming weeks. Customers will also have the choice of the Galaxy S III in two colors: Marble White or Pebble Blue. Customers can visit www.verizonwireless.com/
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.