SEGA’s beloved strategy game and modern classic Valkyria Chronicles will be coming to the Switch in October. The updated port Valkyria Chronicles Remastered has been confirmed by SEGA for an Oct. 16 release on the Nintendo Switch, making it the third platform the game has come to since its original release on the PlayStation 3 in 2008.
10 years, is it really a “modern” classic anymore?
Of course, the release accompanies the long-anticipated Valkyria Chronicles 4, which also comes to the Switch, as well as the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, on Sept. 25. Those who buy this game will be able to snag up Valkyria Chronicles Remaster with a 25 percent discount.
Sweet. At $19.99, it’s already one of the best bargains of the year. At $14.99… you might get a visit from the police for stealing!
SEGA’s presser spells out what you get in addition to a great game for your $19.99 buy in.
Experience the tale of Lieutenant Welkin Gunther, Sergeant Alicia Melchiott, and their comrades in Squad 7 in Valkyria Chronicles on the Nintendo Switch. With stunning graphics from the CANVAS shader, this is the perfect way for fans to experience Squad 7’s story for the first time or rediscover it on a brand-new platform. See the game in action in the announcement trailer!
The game will be available digitally on the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo Switch on October 16, 2018 for $19.99, giving players the ability to command Squad 7 on the go for the first time on a Nintendo platform. Additionally, anyone who purchases Valkyria Chronicles 4 (releasing September 25, 2018) through the Nintendo eShop will automatically receive a $5.00 discount during checkout for Valkyria Chronicles – 25 percent off the original price! This promotion will run from the game’s launch on October 16, 2018 to December 17, 2018.
- Valkyria Chronicles on the Go – Command your troops wherever you go with the versatility and portability of the Nintendo Switch.
- The Full Valkyria Chronicles Experience – All DLC from the original release of Valkyria Chronicles is included in the base package.
- A War Fought on Two Fronts – Taking place during the Second Europan War, the same conflict featured in the upcoming Valkyria Chronicles 4, Valkyria Chronicles follows the story of Lieutenant Welkin Gunther of Squad 7 as they fight to repel the invasion of the East Europan Imperial Alliance.
- CANVAS Aesthetics and BLiTZ Combat – Fall in love with the unique features of the Valkyria series; the stunning hand-drawn watercolor aesthetics of the CANVAS shader combined with the innovative tactical BLiTZ battle system make for an unforgettable gameplay experience.
- A Legendary Series Needs a Legendary Composer – Series composer Hitoshi Sakimoto brings the battlefield to life with an unforgettable, expertly-crafted soundtrack.
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered will be released for the Nintendo Switch on Oct. 16.
TechnoBuffalo LLC (dba TechnoBuffalo.com) has affiliate partnerships with various companies. These do not at any time have any influence on the editorial content of TechnoBuffalo. TechnoBuffalo LLC may earn a commission from these links.