While it seems like hardly a day goes by now without a new Android handset being announced, the G1 – AKA the HTC Dream – was the first one to bring the Google operating system to the masses. This was even before they started throwing on the desert surnames to the various different iterations of the operating system, this was truly the original Android.
While the specs are paltry by today’s standards, it’s still fun to take a look back at what was a revolutionary device at the time.
T-Mobile G1 Tech Specs
- Android 1.0
- 528MHz Qualcomm MSM7201A processor
- 3.2-inch color transflective TFT (320 x 480)
- 192MB RAM
- 256MB ROM
- Dimensions: 55.7 x 117.7 x 17.1 millimetres, weight 158 grams
- 3.1MP rear camera with auto-focus
- microSD, microSDHC, TransFlash, SDIO
- Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR
- 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi
- Assisted GPS, QuickGPS
- 1150mAh battery