Snapseed has become one of the most popular photo editing applications on iOS since it hit the App Store in June of last year, recently picking up Apple’s ‘iPad App of the Year’ award for 2011. And it’ll soon be available on your Mac, with its developers Nik Software announcing at CES that it is currently making its way to the Mac App Store.
Snapseed offers all sorts of fancy features to iOS users, allowing them to edit and manipulate the images they snap on their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch while they’re on the go. What’s great about Snapseed is that you don’t need to be a professional photographer to enjoy it — anyone can pick up the app and transform their photos using its simple user interface.
And it’s that user interface that should make it a success on the Mac, too. Cult of Mac reports that Snapseed will look almost identical on the Mac to its iOS counterpart, making it just as easy to use with all of the features Snapseed users have grown to love. Its long list of key features includes:
- Tune Image—Quickly correct photos shot in difficult lighting situations, create depth and vibrancy with Ambience, or adjust White Balance, Saturation, Contrast and more
- Auto Correct—Automatically analyzes your photo and adjusts color and exposure, or you can use the sliders to add or reduce the enhancements
- Control Points—Make precise selections and enhancements in seconds with Nik Software’s revolutionary U Point technology
- Tilt-Shift—Creates a narrow in-focus area designed to simulate depth of field, common in a Miniature Scene look
- Details—Enhances details with traditional sharpening as well as Nik Software’s unique Structure control found in the professional Nik Software product line
- Crop & Straighten—Rotate or straighten with simple slider controls and select from a variety of standard aspect ratios while cropping
- Grunge—Explore styles and textures without limits and give photos a totally unique look
- Drama—Add custom effects to a photo which range from subtle enhancements of textures to wildly creative and artistic effects
- Vintage—Nine unique nostalgic films, plus controls like saturation, textures and vignettes make any photo look like a vintage color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s
- Frames—Add unique borders to photos by choosing styles and textures
- Black and White—Give photos a classic look with this darkroom-inspired filter. Select styles, grain, vignettes, and more for a perfectly nostalgic look
- Sharing—Share photos on Facebook and Flickr, email photos, and print them using your home printer
The application has already been submitted to Apple for approval, so it could make its Mac App Store debut any day now, and when it does it’ll sport a price tag of $19.99. Of course, it’s never going to replace the likes of Photoshop for you professionals, but for casual photographers wishing to spruce up their snaps, it works wonders.
Have you been using Snapseed on iOS, and will you be purchasing it for your Mac?
[via Cult of Mac]
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Make your foliage a feature with the best plant stands
Really show off your home's foliage with a plant stand that makes your greenery a statement, rather than just background noise. We've found a dozen desirable plant stand solutions to suit all types of spaces, all styles of decor and all kinds of plants.