SEGA is all set for a huge E3 with a handful of fan-favorite titles in tow. Thanks in part to the purchase of Atlus, its list of games extends to Yakuza, Sonic, the latest game from popular developer VanillaWare, a handful of excellent JRPGs, and even a Warhammer game.
Check out the list of games and their descriptions below.
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life and Yakuza Kiwami
- Visitors will be able to reacquaint themselves with the legendary Kazuma Kiryu in a double header of hard-hitting Yakuza™ action, playable on the show floor: Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, the latest entry in the long-running series and Yakuza Kiwami, a rebuilt-from-scratch HD remake of the original 2005 PlayStation 2 hit, Yakuza. Attendees who visit the booth will also have the opportunity to receive special Yakuza-themed swag (as long as supplies last).
Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces
- If breakneck speed is more your thing, we’ve got you covered! Booth #4312 will feature playable stations for the ultimate celebration of past and future with Sonic Mania™, an all-new 2D adventure with stunning HD retro style graphics running at a smooth 60FPS and featuring all your favorite classic characters. Sonic Forces™, from the development team behind Sonic Colors™ and Sonic Generations™, will be your second dose of speedy Sonic action where you will get to experience fast-paced gameplay as Modern Sonic, thrilling platforming as Classic Sonic, and powerful gadget action as your own custom Hero Character! Those who come by to play Sonic could receive a special Sonic E3 giveaway item.
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
- ATLUS will have an exclusive new trailer for the hotly anticipated Western release of Vanillaware’s 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, a story of battle-ready youths, humanity and…giant mechs. Plus, be sure to take a photo with the 13 Sentinels mech standee to receive a gorgeous poster featuring Vanillaware’s signature flair (while supplies last).
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
- Starting with the creation of your party to exploring the uncharted labyrinth of the Yggdrasil Tree, Beyond the Myth is all about choosing how your own adventure unfolds. Practice your map-making and FOE slaying skills with the playable hands-on demo on the show floor. Oh, and there will also be a live demo!
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
- Once again take the reins of Alistel operative Stocke as he unlocks the power of the White Chronicle relic and gains the ability to travel between two alternate timelines in this enhanced retelling of a JRPG classic. Watch a live demo of Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology, only for show attendees.
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux
- Demon aficionados can look forward to a new Redux trailer. New story content, additional endings, a new dungeon to explore and more await those who wish to brave the spatial distortion known as the Schwarzwelt!
Total War: WARHAMMER II
- In neighboring booth #4300, Creative Assembly™ are unleashing the Lizardmen on the public for the first time in Total War™: WARHAMMER® II. The second game in the Total War: WARHAMMER trilogy is set in a whole new part of the Warhammer world, introducing four new playable races in an epic narrative campaign. In a spectacular quest battle taken from the game, E3-goers can seize control of a Lizardmen army as they march against the High Elves, who they’ve caught meddling in the dormant ruins of an ancient Lizardmen portal. Additionally, there will be playable stations for Sonic Forces and Sonic Mania at the booth.
So much to choose from! Where to begin!?
I’ve already said my piece on all three Nintendo 3DS JRPGs, so I’ll just go ahead and back up my previous comments by saying that all three should be on your radar, especially if you are a fan of the genre.
Sonic Mania looks better and better every time I see it, so no worries there. I’m not quite as on board with Sonic Forces since the hype for modern Sonic games is a trap I’ve fallen into many times before. At least, this one does seem like it has the “oomph” to hurdle that baggage.
VanillaWare games are always welcome anywhere they appear, so I’ll be all over 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim if it can live up to the precedent set by Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir on the Vita.
Yakuza and Warhammer aren’t really my things, but I’m glad that the fans who have been pushing for them are collecting their dues with their releases. Overall, it’s just a strong line-up of games that are going to be well received by veteran and newcomer audiences alike. Good stuff, SEGA.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Capture your best stream with the best capture cards
Watching people play video games is almost as much fun as playing them. If you want people to enjoy your gameplay, you will need one of these amazing capture cards.