We originally heard about it in a leaked Verizon roadmap a few months ago (where it was rumored to be Verizon's version of the Galaxy S II), and now the Samsung Stratosphere is officially on its way to Verizon. The phone with be the first 4G LTE handset on the carrier with a QWERTY keyboard, and will come sporting a 4-inch Super AMOLED display, 1GHz Cortex A8 processor, and running Android 2.3.
You can snag one of the handsets on the 13th for $149.99 with a new two-year contract.
Check out some of the key features Verizon listed for the handset below, and tell us what you think in the comments!Is the Stratosphere out of this world?
- 4G LTE – customers can expect fast download speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G LTE mobile broadband coverage areas
- Five-row QWERTY keyboard
- Samsung Super AMOLED™ Screen Technology makes watching movies, viewing videos and playing games come to life, even in bright light and outdoor environments
- Android™ 2.3 Gingerbread – support for Google™ Mobile Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™, Google Maps™ and access to more than 250,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
- Samsung 1 GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird Application Processor
- Front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera for video chat and 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with autofocus and flash (720p HD playback and 480p DVD-quality recording)
- Mobile Hotspot Capability – share 4G connection with up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices or a 3G connection with up to five devices
- AllShare™ – enables wireless connectivity through Digital Living Network Alliance® (DLNA), so customers can send multimedia content to other DLNA Certified®-enabled devices such as TVs and laptops
- Samsung Media Hub – Samsung's own content service, offering a vast lineup of critically acclaimed films and TV programs for rent or purchase
- Bluetooth® 3.0 technology – support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access, and object push for vCard and vCalendar
- Multiple video file formats supported, including DivX and XviD
- Wi-Fi Connectivity (802.11 a/b/g/n)
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Here are the best screen protectors for the Google Pixel 3a
Before you take the Pixel 3a on your next photoshoot, make sure to install a screen protector on the device to keep the display pristine for months to come.