Sprint CEO Dan Hesse announced the latest addition to the company’s eco-friendly line of phones today, the Samsung Replenish. Costing just $49.99 with a new two year activation or eligible upgrade, the phone will also score you a $10 a month discount on data for doing your part to save Mother Earth.
The new Replenish will be offered to Sprint customers first, but if you want to pick it up without a contract, you can do so under the Virgin Mobile banner beginning April 18th for $79.99. On Sprint you will need to go with one of the company’s Everything Data plans for $69.99, but on Virgin you’ll be able to get the Beyond Talk unlimited plan for $25 a month.
“We want to make it as simple as we can for our customers to go green with a robust selection of products and competitive pricing,” said Hesse. “Samsung Replenish is as green as we could make it with more than 80 percent recyclable materials, housed in partially recycled plastics, energy efficient and built with fewer environmentally sensitive materials. As if this is not enough incentive, we are also lowering the monthly rate for this phone by $10 for new or existing customers so it pays for itself within just five months.”
What makes the Replenish so environmentally friendly?
- Reduced environmentally sensitive materials (RoHS compliant6, free of intentionally added polyvinyl chloride (PVC), brominated flame retardants (BFRs), phthalates and beryllium)
- Energy efficient, with a charger that meets the EC Code of Conduct on Energy Efficiency of External Power Supplies, Version 4, as well as a visual alert for full charge
- Casing includes 34.6 percent post-consumer recycled plastic content (the highest level in our eco-portfolio) and 82 percent of the device is made from recyclable materials
- Fully recyclable packaging that incorporates 80 percent post-consumer waste material and uses soy inks
- Includes a postage-paid envelope to recycle your old phone and promotes a virtual user guide available on the Sprint website
Samsung Replenish Tech Specs
- Touch QWERTY bar phone with 2.8-inch QVGA main display
- Android 2.2, Froyo, with access to more than 150,000 apps on the Android Market
- Special access to Sprint ID Pack, including Green ID pack
- Solar door charging accessory (sold separately)
- 2MP camera and camcorder – upload, share and store pictures with Photobucket, Facebook, MySpace and upload video to YouTube
- Wi-Fi and GPS capable
- MicroSD card slot that supports up to a 32GB memory card
- Three color options – Onyx Black, Arctic Blue and Raspberry Pink (in June)
What do you think? Do you have any interest in the Samsung Replenish?
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Make your foliage a feature with the best plant stands
Really show off your home's foliage with a plant stand that makes your greenery a statement, rather than just background noise. We've found a dozen desirable plant stand solutions to suit all types of spaces, all styles of decor and all kinds of plants.