Samsung is continuing its Galaxy S line with the new Galaxy S II announced today. While having some features directed at professionals, this phone is also clearly about personal users as well with its system of four new “Hubs”:
- Social Hub Premium: The future of communication – talk to whoever you want, however you want, all from one place – your contact’s list. Communication history, IM status, and updates from social networking sites are all readily available. From here, users can access all types of messages (push e-mail, text, VM and SNS) and respond directly without resorting to individual applications. It truly acts as a hub for entire social life.
- Readers Hub: Carry an enormous library of books, magazines and newspapers on-the-go. Through strategic partnerships, Samsung Readers Hub provides over 2.2 million books and novels, 2,000 global and local newspapers in 49 languages and 2,300 popular magazines in 22 languages.
- Game Hub: The easiest way to download and play best-in-class mobile games. Featuring a 3-axis gyroscopic sensor, the Samsung GALAXY S II unleashes a world of gaming possibilities. Try for free and download premium titles from partners like Gameloft, or ‘enjoy Social Network Games (SNG) powered by mobage including ngmoco’s We Rule and We City’.
- Music Hub: Make Samsung GALAXY S II a personal music manager and access over 12 million tracks from 7digital. Discover what’s hot from top charts, search for favorite music, get recommendations on albums, enjoy previews and download them directly to Samsung GALAXY S II.
The new Galaxy S II definitely falls into the “insanely thin” category at a mere 8.49mm thick. We’re now waiting to hear of someone releasing a phone as thin as a piece of paper at this point.
Samsung Galaxy S II Tech Specs
- 4.27” WVGA super AMOLED Plus screen (800 x 480)
- 1.2GHz Dual-Core CPU
- 8.49mm thick
- Android Gingerbread with TouchWiz 4.0
- HSPA+ connectivity
- 8 megapixel rear camera
- 2 megapixel front camera
- Full HD 1080P video at 30fps
- 1GB of RAM
- 16GB of Internal Memory
- Bluetooth 3.0+HS
- Wi-Fi Direct for connectivity to Wi-Fi enable computers for communication
- Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Proximity Senor and Light Sensor
- Support for MP4, 3GP, DivX, XviD and Streaming video.
UPDATE: Corrected the amount of RAM and changed the processor in the specs.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Bring your art into the next dimension with these 3D pens
3D pens are a lot of fun and can produce amazing results. We put together a list of our favorite 3D pens for you to try.