The first of the Samsung Galaxy S II phones to come to the United States’ carriers has officially gone on sale on Sprint’s website today for $199.99 with a two-year agreement.
The Epic 4G Touch is the first handset in the Samsung Galaxy S II line to make it to the shores of the United States, and Sprint was lucky enough to grab it. Both AT&T and T-Mobile are set to follow suit, but no word as of yet as to when they will be releasing the phone that has set sales records all over the planet.
If you’re itching to pick up the Epic 4G Touch, make your way over to Sprint’s site, and here’s a list of what this bad boy is packing for specs in case you missed it.
Smasung Epic 4G Touch Tech Specs
- Dual-mode 3G/4G device
- Samsung Exynos 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- Super AMOLED Plus 4.52-inch touchscreen
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Dimensions: 2.7 inches x 5.1 inches x 0.38 inches (LxWxT)
- Weight: 4.55 ounces
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capable, supporting up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices on the Sprint 3G or 4G networks
- Visual Voicemail
- MicroSD card slot that supports up to a 32GB memory card
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/a capable
- 8MP, rear-facing camera/camcorder with auto-focus and flash that shoots HD video 1080p HD high profile
- 2MP, front facing camera ideal for self-portraits or video chat
- Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Technology 3.0
- 1800 mAh Lithium-ion battery
- Voice Talk allows users to give their Epic 4G Touch voice commands, including voice dial, text message, navigation, music, Web browsing and search
- Task Manager enables users to view and close the applications they have active and any items that have been downloaded and to check on memory usage via the Task Manager widget
- Screen capture feature allows users to easily take a screen grab of the phone screen by pressing the power button and the home key simultaneously
- Samsung’s TouchWiz user interface provides superior multitasking and customization for an enhanced visual and intuitive smartphone experience
- Samsung Media Hub features thousands of new releases and top-grossing titles from major Hollywood studios and leading TV networks, including NBC Universal, Paramount, MTV, Warner Bros., CBS and FOX.
- Samsung Social Hub allows users to transfer email, instant messaging, contacts, calendar and social network connections, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts, into “Feeds” and “Messages” folders that can be either put into separate tabs or combined into comprehensive lists.
- Sprint applications, including Sprint Zone, Sprint TV & Movies®, Sprint Navigation and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile