Rocket League Rumble is a brand new mode that’s just been announced by developer Psyonix. This looks nuts, so stick with me here.
Rumble is a Free mode that’s set to drop as a part of the update due in September. It brings with it a slew of absolutely bonkers power-ups to be used by drivers during the match. There’s all sorts of stuff in here, from spikes on the car to spring-loaded boxing gloves. The trailer below dishes out the goods.
You want a list for this insanity? Here’s how Psyonix runs it down:
- The Boot (Kicks an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces your opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Allows you to hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and opposing cars into a giant funnel cloud)
You’ll even be able to tweak physics and mechanics with Private and Exhibition matches.
We don’t know when this thing will drop, beyond that it’s coming some time in September. I’d taken a break from Rocket League. Rumble will pull me back in.