Wow, that was a quick month, wasn’t it? I’ve been so bogged down in the blitz of new games and writing reviews that I haven’t even touched Resident Evil Revelations 2 since week 1! Now that the final chapters, raid mode content, and disc version are all available, it will only be a matter of time before Capcom and its fans determine if this low budget episodic experiment was a success or not.
As was always the plan, the physical version of the game will set players back $39.99. Buying the game outright through a digital channel will only cost $24.99, but Capcom has tossed in some extra content to make that $15 on top worth your while. The disc version includes:
- All four main episodes
- Two additional “spin-off” episodes that focus on telling the side stories of each of the two new Resident Evil characters: Moira Burton and Natalia Korda
- Additional Raid mode character: Hunk
- Additional Raid mode character: Albert Wesker
- Four alternative costumes (one for each of the main characters): Claire, Moira, Barry and Natalia
- Raid mode “Throwback Map Pack” featuring four stages from recent Resident Evil titles
In addition to this news, the Raid Mode server will go online from March 31, allowing players to finally shoot along with friends for the first time. Resident Evil Revelations’ story is nice, but Raid Mode is what will keep fans crawling back for more.
Resident Evil Revelations 2 is available for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC. Sony will be publishing a PS Vita version in the coming months as well. We have a review for the first episode, but please bare with us while we crank out the subsequent chapters and prep one for the full game.