While renting a copy of Dredd, why not also pick up a ticket for Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition? Redbox Tickets have made their way to the Los Angeles area.
After a test in Philadelphia, Redbox Tickets is now making its way to approximately 1,300 Redbox kiosks around Los Angeles and online at redbox.com/tickets. Just as with the original test, you will still need to print out the ticket yourselves or pick them up at the venue, but with a transaction fee of a mere $1, its difficult to say no to this concept.
With this launch Redbox also announced that it has teamed up with ticketing companies such as Agile Ticketing, Paciolan, ShoWare, Ticketfly and TicketMob, as well as one with Caesars Entertainment. Sadly those events locked down under Ticketmaster are still not going to be there, but who knows should this service really take off.
redbox TO SELL EVENT Tickets at los angeles-area kiosks
Redbox Tickets™ Establishes Agreements with Leading Ticketing Companies and
Caesars Entertainment Corp; Inventory Owners and Venues to
Offer Los Angeles Consumers Great Tickets at Great Value
OAKBROOK TERRACE, IL (January 24, 2013) – Redbox, a Coinstar, Inc. (Nasdaq: CSTR) brand and America's destination for entertainment, announced today that it has started selling live event tickets in the Los Angeles market, expanding the Redbox Tickets service that recently launched in Philadelphia.
Tickets are now available at approximately 1,300 Redbox® kiosks in Los Angeles and online at redbox.com/tickets. Redbox also announced new agreements with five leading ticketing companies, including Agile Ticketing, Paciolan, ShoWare, Ticketfly and TicketMob, as well as one with Caesars Entertainment.
"Redbox is a trusted brand and a connector to local communities," said Anne Saunders, president of Redbox. "With the introduction of Redbox Tickets in Los Angeles, customers can now rely on us to discover great tickets to events and attractions from our trusted partners at a great value."
Redbox will make these tickets available for sale at face value or below, with just a $1 fee per ticket, in addition to ticket price and tax. Tickets can either be printed at home or picked up at the event venue. Redbox Tickets can be purchased online and at the same kiosks where consumers rent DVDs, Blu-ray™ Discs and video games.
Today's announcement covers a variety of Los Angeles-based entertainment options for Redbox kiosks, including concerts, comedy clubs, nightclubs, motorsport events, cultural events and family-friendly attractions
- Agile Ticketing brings more laughs to Redbox kiosks with tickets to shows at the legendary Laugh Factory clubs in Hollywood and Long Beach.
- An agreement with Caesars Entertainment will soon add a strong lineup of Las Vegas-based entertainment options to Redbox kiosks. With more than 30 shows across eight Las Vegas resorts, including Caesars Palace, Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, Flamingo and Harrah's, this agreement provides Redbox users the widest selection of entertainment options in the famed resort city. From iconic production shows like Bally's Jubilee! to special concert performances, comedy acts or magic spectaculars, such as Rio headliners Penn & Teller, Caesars offers entertainment to suit every taste and budget.
- Ticketfly, a leading ticketing and marketing platform in the US and Canada, has signed an agreement with Redbox, and is in the process of making concert ticket inventory available for venues in Los Angeles.
"As the market leader in data-driven event ticketing, Ticketfly is always looking for new ways to help our clients streamline operations and sell more tickets," said Gannon Hall, Ticketfly's chief marketing & product officer. "Our agreement with Redbox provides exciting new online and retail channels for venues and promoters using Ticketfly to reach consumers via a trusted brand in entertainment."
- Through an agreement with TicketMob, the premier forward-thinking and socially-driven ticketing platform, Redbox will begin offering tickets for one of the country's best known comedy brands, Improv Comedy Clubs, at four of its Los Angeles locations. TicketMob and Redbox will also offer tickets to the legendary nightclubs that make Los Angeles the entertainment capital of the world, including Playhouse Nightclub in Hollywood.
"TicketMob is thrilled to be one of the very first launch partners of Redbox Tickets in Los Angeles," said Scot Richardson, TicketMob founder/CEO. "The ability to help our artists, venues and promoters on LaughStub, TuneStub and ElectroStub drive additional ticket sales with a vast retail network of consumers is a win-win."
- Motorsports events are currently available through NASCAR® / ISC at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana and the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) at Auto Club Raceway in Pomona.
- Paciolan, the leading provider of self-operational ticketing, marketing, and fundraising solutions, will be working with Redbox to bring select college athletics, performing arts, professional sports, and concert ticket inventory to kiosks and online in the near future.
- Redbox Tickets has fully integrated its platform with online ticketing company ShoWare, which serves a broad range of events such as fairs and festivals, casinos, sports arenas, live concert venues, and performing arts centers. The integration allows ShoWare clients, through use of the Redbox API, to allocate tickets to the Redbox platform.
- Ticketed admission will be sold to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) Stanley Kubrick Exhibition, Hollywood Wax Museum, the Guinness World Record Museum, as well as Pacific Park, the family amusement park on the Santa Monica Pier.
- Affordable packages to local attractions are available through agreements with Smart Destinations and CityPASS Hollywood.
"We are excited to bring Redbox Tickets to Los Angeles, and to expand our events-industry relationships to more ticketing companies, event producers and venues," said Mark Achler, senior vice president of new business, innovation and strategy, Redbox. "Redbox is truly a partner to the industry in marketing events to our customers who are eager to discover great live entertainment."
Consumers who are interested in discovering local entertainment and attractions can go to their Los Angeles-area Redbox kiosks or visit www.redbox.com/tickets. Interested venues, event owners, attractions, team owners and ticketing companies can contact Redbox at [email protected].
Redbox Tickets first launched in Philadelphia in October 2012 offering ticket sales online and at more than 650 Redbox kiosks in the metropolitan Philadelphia market.
Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (Nasdaq: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc™ and video-game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2 billion discs and is available at approximately 42,400 kiosks across 34,600 locations nationwide, including leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, and select Walgreens, Walmart and McDonald's locations in some markets. For more information, visit redbox.com.
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Pixel 4 hands-on videos reveal all, including new 'Screen attention' mode
The Pixel 4 leaks continue to be fierce. Most recently, three hands-on videos showcasing the Pixel 4 in all of its glory have been uploaded to YouTube.
Light up dark spots with the best under-cabinet lighting
House fixtures like cabinets are bound to obstruct overhead lights and this can lead to poorly lit countertops and work areas. All you have to do is install under-cabinet lighting to illuminate such dark spots.