Razer’s beastly Blade Pro is getting, well, even more beastly. The company on Tuesday took the wraps off an upgraded model that sports an overclocked Kaby Lake processor, 32GB of RAM with increased clock speeds, and THX Certification, which covers the display and audio output.
With THX Certification, Razer claims the new Blade Pro is the ultimate portable workstation for professionals. For example, the 17.3-inch 4K touch screen has been calibrated for resolution, color accuracy, and video playback performance. In the real world, THX’s expertise should provide users with a display that’s finely tuned for content creation. That means improved color accuracy for photographers and videographers, which is a key component to quality.
The audio jack, meanwhile, meets THX’s requirements for voltage output, frequency response, distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and crosstalk, ensuring users get the cleanest audio possible. In situations when audio is low, users won’t here an odd hum; and when audio is high, Razer promises there won’t be any annoying distortion.
As a whole, the updated model should offer an improved experience overall.
“The Razer Blade Pro is a top-level laptop providing an excellent THX viewing mode and audio experience,” said THX CEO Ty Ahmad-Taylor. “It can easily handle extreme gaming and content creation with exceptional mobile audio and visual performance.”
It’s a beast
Like the previous model, the Blade Pro offer 100-percent Adobe RGB, a dual-firing sound system, ultra-low mechanical switches, and Razer Chroma technology. At just 0.88 inches, it’s fairly thin for it being a desktop-class machine, and at 7.7 pounds, it’s pretty light compared to similar laptops.
The upgraded Razer Blade Pro will be available next month for $3,999 in the U.S., Canada, UK, Germany, and France. Customers can purchase the machine from Razerzone, Amazon, and Best Buy; Microsoft will sell the laptop at a later date.
Below are the new model’s complete specs.
- THX® Certified Mobile Device
- Intel® Core i7-7820HK Quad-Core Processor (2.9 GHz / 3.9 GHz)
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 (8GB GDDR5X VRAM)
- 17.3-in. IGZO UHD G-SYNC, 16:9 ratio, 3840 x 2160, with LED backlight, with capacitive multi-touch
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- 512 GB SSD RAID 0 (2x 256 GB PCIe M.2) / 1 TB SSD RAID 0 (2x 512 GB PCIe M.2) / 2 TB SSD RAID 0 (2x 1 TB PCIe M.2) options
- 32 GB Dual-Channel System Memory (DDR4, 2667 MHz)
- Anti-ghosting individually backlit ultra-low-profile mechanical keyboard powered by Razer Chroma
- Killer DoubleShot™ Pro:
- Killer™ Wireless-AC 1535 (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth® 4.1)
- Killer™ E2500 (Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000)
- Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C™)
- USB 3.0 port x3 (SuperSpeed)
- HDMI 2.0 video and audio output
- SDXC card reader
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Dolby® Digital Plus Home Theater Edition
- 7.1 Codec support (via HDMI)
- 3.5 mm headphone/microphone combo audio port
- Built-in webcam (2.0 MP)
- Array microphone
- Razer Synapse enabled with programmable keyboard, trackpad, backlighting, and fan control
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded
- Kensington™ security slot
- Compact 250 W power adapter
- Built-in 99 Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery
- Approx. Size: 0.88 in. / 22.5 mm (Height) x 16.7 in. / 424 mm (Width) x 11 in. / 281 mm (Depth)
- Approx. Weight: 7.69 lbs. / 3.49 kg
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Step into your favorite film with a pair of 3D glasses
Experience movies and video games in the most realistic way with a pair of 3D glasses. Our guide has the best to help you narrow down your choice.