Razer on Monday introduced an upgrade fans have been waiting for. Starting this month, the company will begin rolling out a new Razer Blade (14-inch) with faster memory, a new 4K UHD option, and the latest Intel Kaby Lake processor.
The whole intent is to make Razer’s already powerful laptop even better. The company upgraded the same machine last year, which included a Full HD matte display option, but it still came with a sixth generation Intel Core i7.
Consumers who want the latest and greatest from Razer can pick up the new Blade beginning February 13 from the company’s website, with further availability at select retailers on February 20. The updated Blade will be available to consumers around the world beginning in March.
Do you like specs?
The Razer Blade comes standard with 16GB of RAM, a 14-inch Full HD display, an “anti-ghosting” keyboard with Razer Chroma, and NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 1060. Paired with Intel’s Kaby Lake, Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan says the Blade sets the benchmark for performance.
The starting price for the new model is $1,899.
Full specs are below.
- Intel® Core i7-7700HQ Quad-Core Processor (2.8 GHz / 3.8 GHz)
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5 VRAM)
- 16 GB System Memory (DDR4, 2400 MHz)
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- 256 GB / 512 GB / 1 TB SSD (PCIe M.2) options
- 14-in. IPS Full HD Matte (1920 x 1080) / 14-in. 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) capacitive multi-touch options
- Anti-ghosting keyboard with per-key lighting powered by Razer Chroma
- Killer™ Wireless-AC 1535 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth® 4.1)
- Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C™)
- USB 3.0 port x3 (SuperSpeed)
- HDMI 2.0 video and audio output
- 3.5 mm headphone/microphone combo port
- Built-in webcam (2.0 MP)
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Array microphone
- Dolby® Digital Plus Home Theater Edition
- 7.1 Codec support (via HDMI)
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded
- Razer Synapse enabled with programmable keyboard, trackpad, backlighting, and fan control
- Kensington™ security slot
- Compact 165 W power adapter
- Built-in 70 Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery
- Approx. Size: 0.70 in. / 17.9 mm (Height) x 13.6 in. / 345 mm (Width) x 9.3 in. / 235 mm (Depth)
- Approx. Weight (Full HD): 4.10 lbs. / 1.86 kg
- Approx. Weight (UHD): 4.30 lbs. / 1.95 kg