Starting today, right this very moment, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to log into their device’s eShop and download 20 classic games for free. 10 of the retro titles, of a Nintendo Entertainment System flavor, have been available for months; but, this morning marks the first time gamers will be able to download 10 wonderful Game Boy Advance games.
The offering? It’s a great list. Here are the games you’ll be able to snag:
- F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
- Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
- Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
- Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
- Mario Kart: Super Circuit
- Mario vs Donkey Kong
- Metroid Fusion
- Wario Land 4
- WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames!
Here’s how you’ll be able to download your free games:
- Turn on your Nintendo 3DS.
- Turn on the device’s wireless and be sure you are connected to the internet.
- Open the eShop.
- Scroll all the way to the left and tap “Settings/Other.”
- Scroll down and tap “Your Downloads.”
- Scroll until you see one of the new GBA titles and tap “Redownload.”
- Tap “Download.”
- Tap “Download Now.” Because, you know, the other two times you told it to download weren’t enough.
- Once the download finishes (roughly 30 seconds for me), press the “Home” button and “unwrap” the new software.
That’s it, enjoy your free games.
Certainly, some of you may be wondering what the “Nintendo 3DS Ambassador” thing is all about. In August of this year, Nintendo dropped the price of the 3DS from $250 to $170. Essentially, six months after the hardware released, Nintendo had to knock $80 off of the sticker price. That frustrated a lot of diehard Nintendo fans who bought the system on or near launch for $250.
Nintendo decided to create the Ambassador program as a way of thanking and apologizing to the fans that bought the machine before the cut. Does it make up for the money spent? Of course not. But, for a lot of gamers, the 20 free games helps soften the blow.
Which of the pack are you going to download first?
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
The Dungeons and Dragons loot you always wanted
These are the accessories you need to be at the most prepared D&D player at your table.