If you picked up Prey on PlayStation 4, you might have noticed a logo on the box promising PlayStation 4 Pro support. If you dug around though, you would’ve found, like the team at Digital Foundry, that said support was no where to be found. For Prey, owning a PlayStation 4 Pro added nothing to the experience – until now.
Thanks to Prey‘s 1.04 update, the game now sports some meaningful enhancements for those playing on Sony’s beefed-up console. On the Pro, you’ll now see enhanced shadows and textures, screen-space reflection, further draw distances, and more. The game should look noticeably – though maybe not significantly – better on PlayStation 4 Pro. Here’s a comparison video from YouTube channel Candyland showing off the differences:
The big problem here, of course, is that Prey came out on May 5. It’s only just now, almost a month later, that we’re seeing this support despite the fact that the game featured that PlayStation 4 Pro logo on the box. This should satisfy those owners, but it shouldn’t come so long after the fact.
Here’s the full list
In addition to the PlayStation 4 Pro support, the patch takes care of some various other issues that could halt progression with the game. The full list of fixes is below.
- PS4 Pro Support added for:
- Enable Screen-Space Reflections
- Higher quality shadows
- Improved texture appearance
- More texture memory (stable streaming)
- Anisotropy 16x (from 4x)
- Improved visual fidelity
- Less LOD usage
- Dynamic lights show up further
- Particles are allowed to draw more pixels per effect
- Particle refraction enabled
- Additional fixes for PS4 input drift
- Glooing Cook between objectives no longer breaks mission
- ‘Nightmare is Hunting You’ no longer plays after completing ‘Copy Protection’ without Typhon Neuromods installed
- Disgruntled Employee mission now properly completes if player finds Grant Lockwood prior to getting mission.
- Sarah Elazar will now give the code for Cargo Bay B if player has hostility from Phantoms
- Aaron Ingram will no longer flee and cower when released in Psychotronics
- Player can no longer lock themselves in the security pharmaceuticals office in Trauma
- Superfruit no longer appears shrunken and flat when fully grown.
- Adjusted timing on several cutscenes.
- Blank objective markers no longer persist above reticle
- Using key actions while controller prompts are shown will no longer cause a freeze.
- Tracking bracelets are now sent to Recycler with “Transfer all Junk”
If you haven’t played Prey yet, check out our review of the game on PC.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Capture your best stream with the best capture cards
Watching people play video games is almost as much fun as playing them. If you want people to enjoy your gameplay, you will need one of these amazing capture cards.