One of the most iconic and important PC RPGs of all time is finally getting the overhaul that it deserves. Black Isle Studio's Planescape: Torment is getting the Enhanced Edition treatment on PC, Mac, iOS, and Android.
It is the same Enhanced Edition treatment that development studio Beamdog gave to both Baldur's Gate games and the first Icewind Dale to universal praise. This one takes it even further by bringing original designer Chris Avellone aboard!
It will be released on April 11, and Beamdog provided a full list of features and updates on its website.
- Enhanced Planescape: Chris Avellone, Lead Designer on Planescape Torment, has partnered with Beamdog to curate gameplay updates, bug fixes, and enhancements to best capture his original vision for the game.
- The Planes Await: Planescape is a setting you've never experienced before, filled with strange magics, bizarre adversaries, and Dungeons & Dragons locations from across the multiverse.
- Conversations to Remember: Encounter personable items, philosophic undead, and rat hiveminds while walking the planes with the strangest collection of allies ever seen in an RPG.
- Pick Your Path: Character creation is just the beginning. The Nameless One can change his class, alignment, and even gain new abilities based on your choices.
- Remastered Music: The full Planescape: Torment soundtrack has been remastered in-game to add more depth to Sigil and the multiverse.
- 4K Interface: Sigil has never looked this good! The interface of Planescape: Torment has been rebuilt in high-definition with tons of new convenience features.
- A Planescape For Today: The Enhanced Edition includes modern features such as tab highlighting, area zooming, combat log, quickloot, and more!
- Play It Your Way: Enable Enhanced Edition features as you desire or turn them off to experience Planescape: Torment in its original glory.
- Cast Comprehend Languages: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition is available in English, French, Polish, German, and Korean. Note: Korean translations are text only with voice-overs played in English.
- It's Everywhere: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition can be played on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android. Find it on Beamdog, Steam, GOG, iTunes, and Google Play.
The Nameless One and his talking skull friend
Planescape: Torment is one of the largest and deepest role-playing games ever made, and it is one of the few that has ever successfully put a stronger emphasis genuine role-playing and story rather than grind-driven combat to ever get it right.
It follows the life of The Nameless One, an immortal who wakes up with no memory every time he is killed, and his talking skull friend Morte. Their adventures unfold in Planescape, an RPG setting in which anything can come into existence through imagination and in which the zombies will spew philosophy all over you! Gross!
The recent release of Torment: Tides of Numenera was made to follow in this game's footsteps, but Planescape: Torment has always proven to be a very difficult game to recapture. There's really nothing else like it.
Check it out Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition on April 11 for iOS, Android, Mac, and PC.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Play at home or on the go with these awesome Nintendo Switch games
Nintendo Switch has an excellent catalog of games to play. From platformers to go-karts to open worlds, these are our favorites.