Pebble confirmed this morning that it’s joining Fitbit and stopping manufacturing. This is a big deal, because it means folks who backed the latest Pebble Time 2, Pebble 2, the Core and other products will not receive their products.
Yep, instead, you’ll be getting a refund. It’s a pretty crappy way for Pebble to exit the market, specifically because it built up trust with consumers who had used Kickstarter in the past and, well, already handed over the money.
No warranty support, refunds for backers coming
Pebble said folks who backed the Pebble Time 2 will receive “a full refund within 4-8 weeks as a chargeback to their credit cards, ” which is at least somewhat redeeming. “No further action is needed.” It also confirmed that existing Pebbles will work just fine, but that it’s no longer offering warranty support, which, again, is pretty terrible. Customers who purchased the device at retail can exchange or return them, so long as it fits the retailer’s typical policy, Pebble said.
Here’s a look at the full list of what Pebble wants its customers to know:
- Pebble is no longer promoting, manufacturing, or selling any devices.
- Pebble devices will continue to work as normal. No immediate changes to the Pebble user experience will happen at this time.
- Pebble functionality or service quality may be reduced in the future.
- Kickstarter backers who have not received their rewards will receive a full refund within 4-8 weeks as a chargeback to their credit cards. No further action is needed. For more information, please visit our Support page.
- Orders from pebble.com are no longer being accepted or fulfilled, including Pebble 2 pre-orders, which have not yet been charged or shipped.
- Warranty support is no longer available for Pebble watches. How-to information and troubleshooting can still be found on our Support page and in the Pebble Forum.
- Returns of pebble.com orders that were successfully completed before December 7, 2016 will be refunded by our Support Team.
- Pebble watches purchased at retail may be returned or exchanged based on the retailer’s return policy.
- Pebblers can still find replacement charging cables and other compatible accessories (bands, skins, etc.) from Amazon.com and third-party vendors like GadgetWraps and Clockwork Synergy.
- If you have any other questions about Pebble’s wind-down of operations, please visit this page.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.