Late last year, Pebble finally introduced a health-tracking system known as Pebble Health, adding native step counting and sleep tracking to the company’s lineup of wearables. Now, Pebble is making this information easier to digest in an update that provides an overview of activity in a dedicated health tab.
Detailed by Pebble on Tuesday, the new features arrive as part of the company’s v3.12 update, which is available for iOS and Android users.
“You can now paint a comprehensive picture of your achievements, see activity trends over time, auto-track runs and long walks, sleep smarter, and enforce healthy habits with insights and encouragement,” Pebble said in a blog post.
After longer duration activity is tracked, Pebble says users will automatically get a summary providing insight such as calories burned, steps taken, and more. The new update will also help users find their “ideal wakeup time” with a new Smart Alarms feature, which Pebble says will wake users up when they’re in their lightest sleep.
As part of the update, Pebble users on iOS also get two text messaging features that were previously available to Android users, including Send Text, which allows users to quickly start a conversation from their wrist.
You can see the full release notes below:
Pebble Firmware 3.12 Release Notes
For Time-series watches:
- New Pebble Health mobile graphs: view interactive charts of your step and sleep activity in a dedicated Health section of the Pebble mobile app (version 3.12 or higher).
- Pebble Health now automatically detects runs and long walks. Receive a notification, timeline pin, and mobile graph data after the activity is complete.
- Wake up refreshed with Smart Alarms. Set a Smart Alarm to go off when light sleep is detected, up to 30 minutes before the set alarm time.
- Know more about your activity and sleep habits with new insights and activity prompts from Pebble Health.
- The Send Text app is now available for iPhone users with text replies enabled from a compatible carrier.
For all Pebble models:
- Text responses to incoming or missed calls are now available for iPhone users with text replies enabled from a compatible carrier.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
- To update to the latest firmware, select Menu » Support » Update Your Pebble from the Pebble smartphone app.
Pebble App for iPhone 3.12 Release Notes
For Time-series watches running Firmware 3.12 or higher:
- View interactive charts of your step and sleep activity from the new Health tab.
- Health charts show stats for running activities, long walks, and naps during the day.
- Start convos from your wrist with the new Send Text app! Message recent or favorite contacts. Requires text replies enabled from a compatible carrier.
For all Pebble models running Firmware 3.12 or higher:
Respond to incoming or missed calls with a text message. Requires text replies enabled from a compatible carrier.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Download 3.12 from the iTunes App Store.