At long last we're getting our first look at Pacific Rim: Uprising, the follow-up to 2013's Pacific Rim.
Pacific Rim was a moderate success at the box office, but a sequel seemed unlikely for some time due to the way the original ended. Although Guillermo del Toro dropped out of heading up the second film, he's still involved with the series, and directing duties went to Steven S. DeKnight with John Boyega picking up the lead role.
With Comic-Con underway, we now have our first teaser trailer as well as a synopsis and images. As you can see from the trailer above, the Jaeger program is recruiting, which is curious as it was shut down at the end of the last film along with the Breach being closed. Luckily, we now have a synopsis to explain what's going on.
It's been ten years since The Battle of the Breach and the oceans are still, but restless. Vindicated by the victory at the Breach, the Jaeger program has evolved into the most powerful global defense force in human history. The PPDC now calls upon the best and brightest to rise up and become the next generation of heroes. When the Kaiju threat returns, we will be ready.
Fine, things are coming to threaten us again. Let's get down to the real business here: The names of the new Jaegers and their weapons.
- GIPSY AVENGER – Gipsy Avenger honors the heroic legacy of her namesake as the flagship leader of the Mark VI fleet. More than just a Jaeger, she is a symbol of hope to millions.
- BRACER PHOENIX – A Mark V brute that can still run with the VI's, Bracer Phoenix shoots from the chest, with a centrifugal vortex cannon that is as spectacular as it is deadly.
- SABER ATHENA – The sleekest and most elegant Jaeger ever created, Saber Athena is the fastest in the fleet, wielding twin blades in hyper-acrobatic combat.
- TITAN REDEEMER – Built for brute force and armed with a seismic morningstar, Titan Redeemer is the walking wrecking ball of the new fleet.
- GUARDIAN BRAVO – Designed for combat at range, Guardian Bravo wields the Elec-16 Arc Whip: a proto-metallic successor to the chainsword, and brings a new sophistication to the chainsword's whiplash move.
This is interesting as Striker Eureka was the only Mark V in the last film, so it looks like that line continued and even went forward to Mark VI.
All will be revealed when Pacific Rim: Uprising hits theaters on Feb. 23, 2018.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Make your foliage a feature with the best plant stands
Really show off your home's foliage with a plant stand that makes your greenery a statement, rather than just background noise. We've found a dozen desirable plant stand solutions to suit all types of spaces, all styles of decor and all kinds of plants.