Has it really almost been a full year since Overwatch launched? “Yes,” responds Father Time, “it has. You’re dying.”
While we all enjoy this slow death, let’s pace it out with some video games! Overwatch is turning a year old, and Blizzard is celebrating with a litany of content. That includes a free weekend of play, sale of a Game of the Year edition (which looks a lot like the original Origins Edition, but what do we know?), a new video, some sort of party and a seasonal event.
The seasonal event? Blizzard isn’t ready to say what that is just yet. We’re on the case for that one, so stay tuned.
As for everything else? The Anniversary Event begins on Tuesday, May 23. The free weekend runs from May 26 through May 29, and that’s available on all platforms. The Game of the Year Edition will release on May 23, too.
Here’s everything that includes, per Blizzard PR.
· Overwatch® – 10 Bonus Loot Boxes o Enjoy 10 bonus Loot Boxes which each contain random items that can be used to customize the appearance of your heroes and personalize them. Loot Boxes may include Skins, Emotes, Victory Poses, Voice Lines, Sprays, and Highlight Intros, as well as Credits you can use to acquire many different customization options.
· Overwatch® – Hero Skins o Pay homage to the original Overwatch strike force by wearing the vintage Blackwatch Reyes or Strike-Commander Morrison skins. Explore other heroes’ origins with Overgrown Bastion, Security Chief Pharah, and even Slipstream Tracer!
· Heroes of the Storm® – Tracer Hero o Jump into the Nexus with Tracer and surprise your enemies in the blink of an eye.
· World of Warcraft® – Baby Winston Pet o Adorably cuddly and highly intellectual, the Baby Winston pet will be at your side as you fight your way through Azeroth.
· Diablo® III – Mercy’s Wings o Slay demonic forces throughout the High Heavens and Burning Hells as you don Mercy’s wings. All of Sanctuary will know of your allegiance to Overwatch!
· StarCraft® II In-game Portraits and a Hearthstone® Card Back! o With portraits of Tracer, Reaper, Pharah, Winston, Bastion, and Soldier: 76, you’re sure to become a champion of the Koprulu Sector. You can also battle it out in Hearthstone with an Overwatch-themed card back fit for a hero!
Who’s hyped? I am.