Remember when we were all riding that No Man’s Sky hype train? There was a clip back then that showed off massive space battles in action.
The game launched, and like a lot of other things with the experience, the space battles were significantly smaller.
A new patch has released for No Man’s Sky that tweaks those space battles, among other things. You’ll finally see the massive ones. Will you chase fighters below a planet’s atmosphere to the surface and then back into space again like the trailer suggests? No, not yet, but maybe that’s coming.
No Man’s Sky‘s latest patch is a solid effort
The full patch notes include a few key changes and bug fixes. Dig into them below. Is this getting closer to the No Man’s Sky we were all so hyped for?
We’ve released another patch across both PC and PS4 which is available to download on both platforms now! Read on for full patch notes:
- Fixed a bug that would make the player character small
- Space battles will now vary in size more and players should see bigger battles.
- Fixed the instantaneous death loop that could occur in survival mode if you saved with 1 health and no hazard protection. You will still be on the verge of death when you load in, but it won’t happen instantaneously.
- [PC] Fix for steam controller not being able to warp.
- [PC] Removed up, down, left, right as quick menu navigation keys to allow left handed players to move while using the quick menu.
- [PC] Page Up and Page down can now be used to navigate up and down in the quick menu.
- Removed duplicated planets from discoveries menu.
- Fixed an issue with redeeming promo ships in survival, which would result in the ship being spawned above the ground.
- Fix for missing ruins underwater which could cause missions to point to nothing.
- Various audio tweaks and fixes:
- Added ladder climbing sounds.
- Fixed base building prop sounds not playing when placed inside a Freighter.
- Added sound effect for calling Freighters.
- Added sound effect when using communication stations.
- Fixed an issue which could affect ambient sound in Freighters.
- Changed the sound effect when using the Terminus Teleporter.
- Fixed some rare crashes.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
These are the Star Wars Games you're looking for
Become one with the Force as we give you a list of our favorite Star Wars-themed games.