At long last Nintendo is cutting loose with some details on the Nintendo 3DS such as a launch date, price and what games to expect.
While the focus about the next iteration of the DS line has all been about the fact it will have a 3D display, it seems Nintendo is doing all sorts of things to the handheld device to make it more than just "a game". The inclusion of a Web browser, social applications, multiple cameras, video viewing, music playing and a pedometer (yes, this thing will measure how far you work) seem to be turning this into an all-in-one device. Convergence has been the name of the game for a while in electronics as people don't want to carry multiple devices any more, but it does seem they may have gone a tad overboard this time around.
And the price for the 3DS reflects this. When it launches on march 27th you can expect to be putting down $249.99 to take one home with you. That seems a bit high to me, but the last handheld system I bought was a GameBoy Advance for $99, so what would I know?
Nintendo is launching this 3D gaming mobile console on March 27th, and during that time you can expect to see over 30 game titles launch for the system. The partial list released includes:
(game title list via Joystiq)
First-Party Launch Window Titles
- Nintendogs + cats
- Pilotwings Resort
- Steel Diver
Third-Party Titles "Coming Soon" (Partial List)
- Asphal 3D (Ubisoft)
- Bust-a-Move Universe (Square Enix)
- Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D (Ubisoft)
- Crush 3D (Sega)
- Dead or Alive Dimensions (Tecmo Koei)
- Dual Pen Sport (Namco Bandai)
- Lego Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars (LucasArts)
- Madden NFL Football (EA Sports)
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D (Konami)
- Rabbids Travel in Time (Ubisoft)
- Rayman 3D (Ubisoft)
- Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (Capcom)
- Ridge Racer 3D (Namco Bandai)
- Samurai Warriors Chronicles (Tecmo Koei)
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (Atlus)
- The Sims 3 (EA)
- Super Monkey Ball 3D (Sega)
- Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (Capcom)
- Thor: God of Thunder (Sega)
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars (Ubisoft)
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D (Ubisoft)
First-Party Titles "In the Works"
- Animal Crossing game
- Kid Icarus: Uprising
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- Mario Kart game
- Paper Mario game
- Star Fox 64 3D
Sadly, Nintendo was coy with the dates on all of these, but at least you know they are in the initial launch window.
What say you? Are you ready for the Nintendo 3DS?
Add magic to your living space with these string lights
String lights add personality and soft light to your living space. Here are some of the best.
Disguise your little one with the help of a themed costume
From avocado halves to hoppy bunnies, costumes speak to every child's unique spirit. And we've collected our favorite options.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
The Dungeons and Dragons loot you always wanted
These are the accessories you need to be at the most prepared D&D player at your table.