Sprint said the Motorola Photon 4G would launch in July … the last day of the month still counts, right? The Photon 4G will pop into Sprint retail stores on the 31st of the month for $199.99 with a two-year agreement. Sprint Premiere customers will get the opportunity to order it online starting on the 28th.
This beast of a phone will be sporting Android Gingerbread running on NVIDIA’s dual-core 1GHz Tegra 2 processor and a 4.3-inch qHD screen. Internally you’ll find 16GB of memory along with an expansion slot for a 32GB card so you could be sporting a total of 48GB of memory, more than enough for a ton of music or a few movies.
Following in the footsteps of the Atrix, the Photon 4G will also have a laptop dock that will allow you to launch the Webtop OS for a hybrid laptop experience. While not a big selling point for most, it’s still a nice feature should you ever feel so inclined to need it in your life.
“Sprint is thrilled to build on the strength of our relationship with Motorola by bringing customers Motorolas first Sprint 4G device with a dual-core processor,” said Fared Adib, vice president-Product Development, Sprint. “Motorola PHOTON 4G brings our customers the latest in Android technology combined with enterprise-quality security for business users and international GSM capabilities for those who travel abroad. It is spectacular to bring yet another Sprint 4G device to our customers.”
Here’s the full specs if you need a refresher.
Photon 4G Tech Specs
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 1GHz dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 Processor
- 4.3-inch qHD Display (960 x 540)
- 2.6 inches x 5.0 inches x 0.5 inches (66.9mm x 126.9mm x 12.2mm)
- 5.6 oz (158 grams)
- International GSM capabilities
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability for up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices
- WiMax Support
- 1 GB DDR2 RAM
- 16GB of on board memory, support for up to 32GB SD Card
- 8MP rear camera with 720p HD video capture
- VGA front-facing camera
- HDMI output up to 1080p
- Latest Build of MotoBlur
- Soft-Grip Back with Metal Kickstand
- Bluetooth 2.1
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Atrix-style Laptop Dock
- Corporate (MS Exchange ActiveSync) and personal (POP & IMAP) email access
- GPS navigation enabled
- 1700 mAh Lithium-ion battery
What do you think? Are you interested in the Photon 4G?