I'll be honest, friends, I haven't played Minecraft too actively over the last six months. The game sort of fell by the wayside for me as one or two updates became unplayable on my laptop.
Now, with my freshly built gaming PC in tow, I'm ready to whip out my pitchfork blocky fist once more. Just in time, it seems, as Minecraft version 1.3.1 is out today and brings with it a ton of new and interesting features.
Here's the full change list:
+ Single-player now runs a server internally
+ Publish the single-player instance to LAN
+ Automatically detect LAN worlds in multi-player screen
+ Added "cheats" option in single-player (enables commands)
+ Added "bonus chest" option to give players a quicker start in a new world
+ Added adventure mode (work in progress)
+ Added trading with villagers
+ Added emeralds, emerald blocks and emerald ore
+ Added cocoa beans to jungles
+ Added the Ender Chest
+ Added tripwires
+ Added new creative mode inventory with search functionality
+ Made it possible to gain enchantment orbs from mining ore and smelting
+ Added writeable books
+ Added "large biomes" world type
+ Added temples to jungles and deserts
+ Added chat settings
+ Added option to turn off and view snooper data
+ Added more information on the debug screen (F3)
+ New launcher with "Play Demo" button if not premium user
+ Added /seed command to see map seed
+ Added /defaultgamemode to set default game mode in a world (affects new players)
+ Added /debug command for profiling
+ Added SRV record lookup support
* Decreased max enchantment level from 50 to 30
* The /tp command can now send players to a specific coordinate
* Mobs can spawn on flat surfaces (such as up-side-down stairs)
* Updated language files
* Mobs are much less likely to glitch through blocks
* Server list can be reordered
* Nearby items in the world will auto-stack
* Stars are smaller and brighter
* Sky color in The End has been changed
* The "pick block" functionality has been improved
* Certain items that previously wasn't stackable can now be stacked
* Hill biomes are slightly taller
* Wooden log blocks can now be placed side-ways
* Wooden half-blocks now act as wood
* Water slowly drips through leaves during rain
* Minecarts and boats will be placed by dispensers, if possible
* Gravel texture has been modified
* Levers can be placed in the roof
* Creepers' explosions damage is now modified by difficulty
* Performance improvements
* Other bug fixes… – Removed Herobrine
Don't worry, Herobrine is still being removed.
Will you snag this and play today? The TechnoBuffalo server will be updated within the week as soon as the staff can re-roll the map and rebuild the spawn locale.
Find the site's server at minecraft.technobuffalo.com.
Add magic to your living space with these string lights
String lights add personality and soft light to your living space. Here are some of the best.
Disguise your little one with the help of a themed costume
From avocado halves to hoppy bunnies, costumes speak to every child's unique spirit. And we've collected our favorite options.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Have a friend or family member that loves chess? Check out these fun gifts!
Gifts are easy when the person you're giving to has a specific interest or hobby. We've gathered the best gifts for chess lovers and found the coolest ideas from T-shirts to phone cases. You'll certainly want to get one or more of these gift ideas for the chess lover in your life.