Despite all the rumors and naysaying about Microsoft and its shaky relationship with the Japanese gaming crowd, the Xbox 360 and Xbox One are both making an appearance at TGS 2013. Microsoft is bringing in tow a handful of wonderful titles, some of which will play right into the Japanese audience, while others are just to show off the Xbox One.
Check out the list below.
- Titanfall – Electronic Arts
- Forza Motorsport 5 – Microsoft Studios
- Ryse: Son of Rome – Microsoft Studios
- Crimson Dragon – Microsoft Studios
- Kinect Sports Rivals – Microsoft Studios
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood – Microsoft Studios
- Killer Instinct – Microsoft Studios
- FIFA 14 – Electronic Arts
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII – Square Enix
- ARMORED CORE VERDICT DAY – From Software
- YAIBA: NINJA GAIDEN Z – Tecmo Koei Games
- FIFA 14 – Electronic Arts
- Dragon Ball Z: BATTLE OF Z – Bandai Namco
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 – Konami Digital Entertainment
- F1 2013 – Codemasters
- Phantom Breaker: Extra – MAGES.
- DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Ultimate – Tecmo Koei Games
- World of Tanks Xbox 360 Edition – Microsoft Studios
- Fable Anniversary – Microsoft Studios
- NBA 2K14 – 2K Games
- Rock Smith 2014 edition – Ubisoft
- Painkiller: Hell & Damnation – Inter Glow
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Mirror of Fate HD – Konami Digital Entertainment
- Constant C – MAGES.
- Strider – Capcom
- Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse – Sega
- Deadfall Adventures – Inter Glow
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist – Ubisoft
Crimson Dragon is the only Japanese developed game to pop up in the Xbox One's line-up. It's not too high on my list of priorities, but it marks the return of Yukio Futatsugi to the Creative Director's chair after a long hiatus from making games. He is best known for SEGA's Panzer Dragoon series and a small but excellent original Xbox title called Phantom Dust.
I'll be more excited to finally get my hands on the Xbox One and play some of its bigger, more well known titles like Titanfall and Killer Instinct.
The Xbox 360 still has a lot to offer, though. Armored Core Verdict Day, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, and Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z lead the crowd on the Japanese front. And, although it is being developed by a Western studio, Strider is also iconic amongst the classic Japanese gaming crowd and will be sure to gather some attention at the show. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 can also attest to that.
Beyond that, Fable Anniversary will be making an appearance, and I've always been a fan of the original.
So many games and only two days to cover them all. I'm going to be a busy man. Be sure to check out our TGS coverage next week on September 19th and 20th.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Break open a Loot Llama to find these gifts for Fortnite fans
Get your fortnite loving friends and family these awesome gifts. They will love you and emote for you. If you don't what that means, ask them and they'll show you.