As of 8am PT, version 1.05 of Mass Effect: Andromeda is officially available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC platforms. There is a slew of notes alongside this patch, but one of the most noticeable ones will be the face-fixing-features.
There are a lot of problems with Mass Effect: Andromeda, according to both reviewers and players. They cite story elements, the poor UI system, animations, unskippable screens and more. This first patch, though, starts the road to recovery for BioWare and Mass Effect. As the conventions of modern gaming wear on, I do find myself wondering how smart it is to pick up games on day one.
Surely, the player who waits until December of this year will get a much cheaper and better made Mass Effect: Andromeda than the one who shows up at retail on launch day. Developers, by slowly falling in line with conventional release practices, are blatantly punishing their biggest fans with buggy software.
Should we buy games at launch anymore? Wait for reviews? Wait for six months?
Here are the patch notes for 1.05
Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch 1.05 Notes
- Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map
- Increasing the inventory limits
- Improving the appearance of eyes for humans and asari characters
- Decreasing the cost of remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants
- Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO
- Fixing Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
- Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer
- Improved tutorial placement
- Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression
- Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (check back for detailed notes on balance changes)
- Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs
- Fixed various collision issues
- Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct
- Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs
- Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times
- Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save
- Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose
- Fixes issues related to some saves
- Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer
- Streaming and stability improvements
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Break open a Loot Llama to find these gifts for Fortnite fans
Get your fortnite loving friends and family these awesome gifts. They will love you and emote for you. If you don't what that means, ask them and they'll show you.