The Interactive Achievement Awards, the awards presented at the D.I.C.E. summit, are what I would consider a much more prestigious club of developers and winners when compared to the VGAs. While the VGAs may be fun, flashy and a bit too Hollywood, the IAAs represent a collection industry professionals. These games are selected by fellow developers for the honors they receive.
Mass Effect 2 and Red Dead Redemption, among other standouts like Limbo and Heavy Rain, absolutely cleaned up at this year's award ceremony. ME2 picked up Game of the Year, Outstanding Achievement in Story and two others. Red Dead Redemption was handed the nod for Art Direction, Character Performance and three others.
In such a banner year for gaming, and 2011 only looks scarier, seeing the cream rise to the crop and get the recognition it deserves is nice. Games that are missing from the list of winners: Black Ops, Mario Galaxy 2 (that one is actually a bit of a shame), Bad Company 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and others.
- Outstanding Achievement in Animation: God of War III
- Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction: Red Dead Redemption
- Outstanding Achievement in Visual Engineering: Heavy Rain
- Outstanding Achievement in Gameplay Engineering: Red Dead Redemption
- Outstanding Character Performance: Red Dead Redemption
- Outstanding Achievement in Story: Mass Effect 2
- Outstanding Innovation in Gaming: Heavy Rain
- Outstanding Achievement in Original Music: Heavy Rain
- Outstanding Achievement in Soundtrack: Rock Band 3
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design: Limbo
- Outstanding Achievement in Online Gameplay: Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
- Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction: Red Dead Redemption
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Bing Gordon
- Pioneer Award: Bill Budge
- Adventure Game of the Year: Limbo
- Fighting Game of the Year: Super Street Fighter IV
- Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year: Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
- Portable Game of the Year: God of War: Ghost of Sparta
- Casual Game of the Year: Angry Birds HD
- Social Game of the Year: CityVille
- Role Playing / MMO Game of the Year: Mass Effect 2
- Family Game of the Year: Dance Central
- Racing Game of the Year: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
- Action Game of the Year: Red Dead Redemption
- Sports Game of the Year: FIFA 2011
- Game of the Year: Mass Effect 2
Add magic to your living space with these string lights
String lights add personality and soft light to your living space. Here are some of the best.
Disguise your little one with the help of a themed costume
From avocado halves to hoppy bunnies, costumes speak to every child's unique spirit. And we've collected our favorite options.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
The Dungeons and Dragons loot you always wanted
These are the accessories you need to be at the most prepared D&D player at your table.