When Google announced its new Home Hub, it followed the precedent set by other smart displays from Lenovo and JBL. However, Google added a few additional features that fleshed Home Hub’s functionality, promising all smart displays with Assistant would receive the features at a later date.
That time is now for Lenovo’s two Smart Displays, which are receiving an update that gives them all of the new features the Home Hub introduced. Lenovo revealed the news via its forums, confirming the roll out was slowly disseminating for both the 10-inch and 8-inch Smart Display models.
That is great news for Smart Display owners because the list of additions is quite extensive and impressive. With the update, the Lenovo Smart Display will receive support for multi-room audio, Live Albums from Google Photos, Nest Hello Doorbell, and Home View, which lets you control all of the your smart home devices through a single dashboard.
Here’s Lenovo’s full description of the new features:
- With multi-room audio, you can add your Smart Display to a speaker group and play music throughout the house.
- With Live Albums from Google Photos, your Ambient Mode will always show off the best photos of your favorite people and pets without you having to curate them. It will also make sure to pick your best photos, so that receipts, screenshots, duplicates, and blurry or sensitive photos will not appear on your Smart Display.
- With Nest Hello Doorbell, your Smart Display will now show who is at the door when someone rings, and allows you to send quick responses.
- With Home View, you can see and control all of your smart home devices in a single dashboard by swiping down from the top edge of your Smart Display.
- Your Google Assistant can now also control many popular media and entertainment devices, including TVs (Hisense, Philips, Sharp,Sony, Vizio, Xiaomi), set top boxes (Dish, Foxtel, nVidia Shield, Sling, Vodafone), speakers (Denon), smart remotes (Logitech Harmony) with many more coming soon from Caavo, LG, Panasonic, Roku®, Telus, and Telstra. Enjoy universal controls to power devices on and off, adjust playback/volume, and browse a visual channel guide—all by touch or by voice on your Smart Display.
The update is now rolling out to all Lenovo Smart Display owners.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Grind your coffee beans to perfection with a great burr grinder
Burr grinders are prized for their even, consistent grind. We will help you choose the best of the bunch.