LEGO has announced that beginning Feb. 1 you can pick up your Ship in a Bottle set.
LEGO Ideas is a site where anyone can propose a new LEGO set. Once it reaches 10,000 votes the company will then consider the viability of actually releasing it. This is exactly how Minecraft and LEGO first came together, and here we are several years and sets later.
The latest set to go through the process is a unique one to say the least. Not only will you be building an awesome little ship, but the bottle it will go into as well. As for the cork, a mainstay of any good ship in the bottle from around the world? Well, you’ll be building that as well. I have to say, that is definitely not a touch I was expecting.
The LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle set will be released on Feb. 1 and will feature 962 pieces. The suggested retail price is $69.99 in the U.S. and $89.99 in Canada.
Build and display a classic LEGO® Ideas Ship in a Bottle, featuring a highly detailed ship with the captain’s quarters, cannons, masts, crow’s nest, flag and printed sail elements. Place the ship inside the LEGO brick-built bottle with a buildable cork, wax seal element and water-style elements inside, then showcase it on the display stand featuring the ship’s ‘Leviathan’ nameplate, globe elements and a built-in ‘compass’ (non-functioning) with compass rose and spinning needle. This wonderfully nostalgic construction toy also includes a booklet about the set’s fan creator and LEGO designers.
- This building set for kids and adults features a LEGO® brick-built bottle, ship and a display stand.
- Bottle features a detailed, buildable cork with new-for-February 2018 wax-seal-style element and over 280 translucent-blue, water-style elements inside.
- Ship features a raised deck at the stern, captain’s quarters, 6 cannons, 3 masts, a crow’s nest and assorted elements, including printed sails and the ship’s flag.
- Display stand features the ship’s ‘Leviathan’ nameplate, a built-in ‘compass’ (non-functioning) with detailed compass rose and spinning needle, 2 globe elements and gold-colored detailing.
- Includes a booklet with building instructions, plus information about the set’s fan creator and LEGO®
- LEGO® Ideas Ship in a bottle on display stand measures over 3″ (10cm) high, 12” (31cm) wide and 3” (10cm) deep.
- Ship measures over 3″ (8cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.