The Kyocera Echo will be launching April 17th on Sprint for $199.99 with a two-year contract.
Introduced last month at an event in New York City, the Kyocera Echo is a dual-screen Android phone that features two 3.5-inch LCD WVGA displays. The new phone will allow you to run one app in the closed setting, two apps in separate windows when you open it or have the two screens work in conjunction to form a 4.7-inch diagonal screen. (albeit with a hinge going through the middle)
Preorders begin on March 26th at Sprint.com/echo.
Kyocera Echo Specs
- Dual 3.5-inch LCD WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) capacitive touchscreens (4.7 inches diagonally and 800 x 960 pixels when opened)
- Android 2.2
- 1GHz Snapdragon processor (QSD 8650 Android)
- Dimensions: 115.0 x 56.5 x 17.2mm, Weight: 193g (6.8 oz.)
- Removable 1370mAh battery; includes spare battery (1370 mAh) with portable charger that can also tether to the phone as an external power supply
- Memory: 1GB/512MB; 8GB microSD included
- Expandable memory: 8GB microSD card included; supports cards up to 32GB
- Digital compass, accelerometer, proximity sensor, light sensor, GPS
- Wi-Fi hotspot capability (supports up to 5 devices)
- Media player with 3.5mm stereo headset jack
- Stereo Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- 5MP camera with flash, autofocus and 2x digital zoom and 720p HD camcorder
- High-quality video streaming and downloads at 3G speeds
- VueQue, a pre-loaded app that lets users watch a YouTube video in one display, while browsing, queuing and buffering additional YouTube videos on the other
- Google mobile services including Google Search, Google Maps, Google Talk instant message, Gmail, YouTube and synchronization with Google Calendar
- Full HTML Web browser with Google search, optimized for dual-screen experience
- Sprint Zone one-stop wireless account access, phone tips, news and more
- Access to Telenav GPS Navigator and Sprint TV & Movies
- Corporate (MS Exchange ActiveSync) and personal (POP & IMAP) email access
- Messaging – personal and business email, Google Talk instant message and text messaging
- Network – 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A) – peak download speeds of 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds 600 kbps – 1.4 Mbps
- Wi-Fi: (802.11 b/g)
What do you think? Would you pick up a Kyocera Echo? Do you have any interest in a dual-screen phone?
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Add magic to your living space with these string lights
String lights add personality and soft light to your living space. Here are some of the best.
Disguise your little one with the help of a themed costume
From avocado halves to hoppy bunnies, costumes speak to every child's unique spirit. And we've collected our favorite options.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Find the right wall charger for your new iPhone 12
The new iPhone will not come with a wall charger in the box. If you are looking to buy the phone you will need to buy a charger as well. We've got you covered.