A huge update to the official Twitter client for iOS has been prematurely revealed by Apple's iOS 6 beta firmware. The update itself is yet to be released at the time of writing this post, but for some developers, its release notes can already be seen within Apple's redesigned App Store in iOS 6.
The version 4.3 update, which was discovered by 9to5Mac, includes a whole host of changes to the official Twitter app, including "more interactive experiences inside any tweet," push notifications for tweets from certain users, "ambient notifications" that appear in the status bar while you're using the app, and of course the new Twitter logo.
The entire list of changes is as follows:
– Discover more interactive experiences inside any Tweet: when you view tweet details containing links to partner websites, you can now see content previews, view images, play videos and more
– Special experience around selected events: we'll curate accounts and surface the best Tweets and photos from those involved
– Improvements to autocomplete suggestions when you search for people in Connect
– Push Notifications for Tweets: you can know immediately when selected people you follow have tweeted
– Ambient notifications: enables you to see brief non-interruptive notifications in the status bar while you are using the app
– Discover: now indicates when new stories are available for the user to load
– Trends: support for personalized trends
– Tappable avatars that take you directly to user profiles
– Performance improvements
– Support for password entry in app when experiencing authentication issues
– Hungarian language support
– Updated with new Twitter bird – Many other tweaks, polish, and bug and crasher fixes
According to the App Store, these release notes were published on July 6, but the update itself is yet to surface. 9to5Mac notes a similar thing happened before a major Instagram update, and it took ten days for the app to surface after its release notes went live prematurely.
Twitter for iOS has been subject to criticism from many users for quite some time, especially since the last major overhaul which introduced a brand new user interface but stripped away a number of popular features. The company has, however, been working to bring some of those features back, and the version 4.3 update should improve the app even further.
Are you looking forward to Twitter for iOS 4.3?
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Step into your favorite film with a pair of 3D glasses
Experience movies and video games in the most realistic way with a pair of 3D glasses. Our guide has the best to help you narrow down your choice.