Apple just released iOS 12.1.1, the newest major update for the iPhone and iPad. Apple had been testing out the beta for the past few weeks and now the software is ready for primetime.
Unlike most minor updates, iOS 12.1.1 brings a lot of changes. It adds new features along with fixing some bugs that have been affecting iPhones on iOS 12.1.
Among the major changes is additional eSIM support for more carriers, Live Photos support in FaceTime and Haptic Touch for notifications for the iPhone XR. As for bug fixes, the software will address a pesky Face ID bug where the feature becomes temporarily unavailable.
Here’s the release notes for iOS 12.1.1.
– Notification preview using haptic touch on iPhone XR
– Dual SIM with eSIM for additional carriers on iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max
– One tap to flip between the rear and front-facing camera during a FaceTime call
– Live Photo capture during one-to-one FaceTime calls
– The option to hide the sidebar in News on iPad in landscape orientation
– Real-time text (RTT) when using Wi-Fi calling on iPad and iPod touch – Stability improvements for dictation and VoiceOver
Bug fixes include:
– Fixes an issue where Face ID may temporarily become unavailable
– Addresses an issue that prevented visual voicemail from downloading for some customers
– Fixes an issue in Messages that could prevent predictive text suggestions when typing on the Chinese or Japanese keyboards
– Addresses an issue that could prevent Voice Memos recordings from uploading to iCloud – Fixes an issue where time zones may not have updated automatically
This release also adds features and fixes bugs for HomePod including:
– Support in Mainland China and Hong Kong – HomePod LEDs illuminate during Group FaceTime calls
All users can begin downloading iOS 12.1.1 now.
Add magic to your living space with these string lights
String lights add personality and soft light to your living space. Here are some of the best.
Disguise your little one with the help of a themed costume
From avocado halves to hoppy bunnies, costumes speak to every child's unique spirit. And we've collected our favorite options.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Find the right wall charger for your new iPhone 12
The new iPhone will not come with a wall charger in the box. If you are looking to buy the phone you will need to buy a charger as well. We've got you covered.