inFamous: Second Son hasn’t even been available for a day and already Sucker Punch is delivering the free content. Patch 1.01 will be adding 19 new episodic missions to uncover in the next-gen rendering of Seattle, and altogether, these new missions will add an additional 5 hours to the game’s running time.
Sucker Punch says these new missions will form the “Paper Trail” storyline, an “innovative online and in-game story arc” based on “web-based investigations.” New content will be delivered for six weeks directly into the the game, and Sucker Punch recommends you visit enjoyyourpower.com before sitting down to enjoy its latest idea. Sounds like this storyline carries over into the real world.
The patch clocks in at 300 MB and also includes the free Cole’s Legacy Content Pack that was available through preorder. Check below for the full notes on what the patch offers.
Cole’s Legacy Content Pack
- FREE with pre-order
- Explore the events immediately following inFAMOUS 2
- Work with an investigative reporter to understand the source of conduit powers
- 4 story missions, approximately 1 hour of gameplay
inFAMOUS Paper Trail Storyline
- FREE bonus missions and exclusive web content
- Innovative online and in-game story arc co-developed by Sucker Punch and 42 Entertainment
- Manga and murder, follow the trail of origami doves to discover the full story behind the D.U.P.’s occupation of Seattle.
- 19 story missions and corresponding web-based investigations, approximately 5 hours of unique gameplay.
- Normal difficulty has been slightly increased to challenge the player’s mastery of their powers
- Expert difficulty has been fine-tuned to ensure it is the best experience for skilled gamers
- Karma progression extended to support longer playtime
- The boss fights have been re-tuned for difficulty and fun
- More dynamic boss behaviors and attacks
Pedestrians and DUPs
- Engine performance tweaks to allow for more life and activity in the city
- Increased pedestrian and traffic density and variety
- Increased pedestrian-related karmic opportunities
- Post-story enemy activity and D.U.P. raids
- Graphics and performance improvements
- Fixes for a small number of infrequent blocking bugs
- PSN integration to support Paper Trail DLC
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.