Apple just unveiled tvOS 13, which introduces a ton of new features for the Apple TV. Besides that, it's good to keep your Apple TV up to date to keep it running smoothly with the latest features Apple rolls out over time. Here's how you can update your Apple TV.
How to install tvOS 13 on your Apple TV
- On your Mac, go to developer.apple.com/download.
- Enter your developer username and password to log in.
- Click on the blue Download button to the right of tvOS 13 beta configuration profile. Make sure to save the profile to your Desktop.
- Install the Apple Configurator app from the Mac App Store.
- Connect your Apple TV (4th generation) or Apple TV 4K to AC power.
- Connect your Apple TV (4th generation) or Apple TV 4K to the same wireless network as your Mac.
- Open Xcode on your Mac. Make sure you're running the latest version.
- Click Window in the Menu bar.
- Click Devices and Simulators.
- Open Settings on your Apple TV.
- Select Remotes and Devices.
- Select Remote App and Devices.
- In Xcode, select the Apple TV when it appears in the left column under Discovered.
- Enter the code that appears on your Apple TV. Xcode will pair with the Apple TV.
- Open Apple Configurator on your Mac.
- Click on your Apple TV in Apple Configurator.
- Drag the tvOS 13 Configuration Profile from your Desktop to the Apple TV icon in Apple Configurator. The Apple TV will be configured for the tvOS 13.
Add magic to your living space with these string lights
String lights add personality and soft light to your living space. Here are some of the best.
Disguise your little one with the help of a themed costume
From avocado halves to hoppy bunnies, costumes speak to every child's unique spirit. And we've collected our favorite options.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Secure everything under the sun with these bungee cords
Bungee cords aren't just for cliff-diving or adrenaline chasers—they're useful when traveling or camping, securing tents or canopies, and so much more. Buyers can choose from a surprisingly wide spectrum of options, and we'll be right here to help you decide.