You just opened up that shiny new smartwatch. Now what? If your smartwatch is powered by Android Wear, the setup is pretty quick and simple.
Google made it straightforward to get a phone and a smartwatch syncing, and then you’re free to do a bunch of things from your wrist rather than taking your phone out.
Here’s how to set up Android Wear on your smartwatch:
- Download the latest version of Android Wear app from Google Play
- Open the Android Wear app on your phone, turn on your smartwatch
- Turn on Bluetooth so that your phone can located your smartwatch
- Accept the request to pair devices if the code displayed on both match
- Choose whether or not Android Wear can run in the background to completely sync data between devices
- Select the accounts you’d like to bring over from your phone to the smartwatch
- Decide if you want your smartwatch to connect to Wi-Fi networks if Bluetooth is unavailable
- Allow or deny Android Wears request to view contacts, messages, and calendars
As long as you opt-in to having your Google Account sync between devices, everything will transfer automatically. There’s nothing you need to do but decide whether or not you want to install apps directly onto your smartwatch. That’s something Android Wear 2.0 introduced. Rather than having to do everything from your phone, your smartwatch can store dedicated apps.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Make your foliage a feature with the best plant stands
Really show off your home's foliage with a plant stand that makes your greenery a statement, rather than just background noise. We've found a dozen desirable plant stand solutions to suit all types of spaces, all styles of decor and all kinds of plants.