The iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus offer a few features that are unavailable on earlier models. Two of those are live wallpapers and live photos, the latter of which can actually be used for the former. It’s a pretty fun feature that, yes, has already been available on Android for many years. Still, since I was wondering this myself this morning and stumbled upon a useful guide from iMore, I thought we’d walk you through how it can be done.
First, know this. Your iPhone comes with three types of wallpapers: dynamic, still and live. Dynamic and still options aren’t new. The live wallpapers are, and Apple has provided nine to get you started. None are ever “live” on your home screen, always on the lock screen, which is a tad of a bummer. OK, now that that’s out of the way, let’s get into how you set your photo as a wallpaper.
- Open your camera
- Make sure live photos is on. This is the small target-looking icon at the top of the screen in portrait mode, or on the left in landscape mode. Make sure it’s highlighted yellow. This will turn on “Live photos” and captures 1.5 seconds of content before and after each photo you shoot.
- Snap a photo of something. This is going to be your wallpaper/lock screen, so maybe a flower blowing in the wind. Or a silly puppy shot! It’s up to you.
- Open Photos
- Select the Live photo you’d like to use as your wallpaper
- Hit the “Share” button and choose “Use as wallpaper.” This will give you the option to use it for the desktop and lock screen, but it’s only animated on the latter.
- Check out how it will look, and align it properly. Touch on the screen to see how the animation works.
- Click Set.
That’s all! And now you have a custom live wallpaper for your lockscreen. I’m digging it so far, I went with the silly puppy face route, as you can see.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Make your foliage a feature with the best plant stands
Really show off your home's foliage with a plant stand that makes your greenery a statement, rather than just background noise. We've found a dozen desirable plant stand solutions to suit all types of spaces, all styles of decor and all kinds of plants.