With the arrival of iOS 11, Apple made it super easy to record your screen. The feature is a great tool for helping friends and family, whether they want to know how to turn on auto-brightness or take a screenshot.
So, how do you screen record on an iPhone? It’s actually pretty easy. But first, you’ll need to add the shortcut to your Control Center.
- Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls
- Scroll down to the “more controls” section and find Screen Recording. Hit the little plus button next to it.
- Go back to the home screen or the app you want to screen record.
- If you’re on an iPhone X or later, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the display. If you’re on an iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom edge (below the dock). This will bring up Control Center.
- Press on the record icon (circle with a dot inside of it). A countdown will appear, indicating that screen recording is about to begin.
- To also record audio with your screen recording, press deeply on the record icon and turn your phone’s microphone on. This is great for providing both audio and visual instructions.
- To stop the recording, press the record icon in Control Center.
When a screen recording has been captured, it will save directly to your Camera Roll, where you can then edit the clip and share it with friends and family. Note that some apps won’t allow you to record audio.
It’s as simple as that. The next time your mom asks how to master the iPhone XS’ navigation gestures, the iPhone’s screen recording feature is a terrific tool.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Stay fully powered with the best chargers
Having a portable charger in your pocket is always a good idea in the modern age. Here are some of the best you can buy.