If you are feeling dangerous and want to download the new iOS 13 beta, it's pretty simple.
Downloading the new update is simple and fairly straightforward. It can be done two ways: downloaded as an over-the-air update or using iTunes. Here's how to do both.
What's new with the iOS 13 public beta?
June 24, 2019 - Apple release first public beta for iOS 13
Apple on Monday released the first public beta for iOS 13, giving iPhone owners the opportunity to try out the new features. To download the public beta of iOS 13, you must sign up for the Apple Public Beta Program.
How to install iOS 13 using Software Upgrade on your iPhone or iPad
- Make sure you have a recent iCloud backup.
- Open the Settings app from your home screen.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Software Update.
- Tap on Download and Install.
- Enter your Passcode if prompted.
- Tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Tap Agree again to confirm and let the download commence.
How to install iOS 13 using iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC
- Make sure you have a recent iTunes backup.
- Open iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Plug in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Click the device icon at the top left to go to the device tab.
- Click on the Check for Update on the Summary pane.
- Click on Download and Update.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Enter the Passcode on your iPhone or iPad, if prompted.
Be cautious when installing beta software
So you're here for the iOS 13 beta. Well you've come to the right place. Updating to the beta is surprisingly easy. Apple already rolled out the iOS 13 beta for developers, which means if you have an account, you can download the new software now.
The only way to download iOS betas is through an Apple Developer Account, which costs $99 a year, or through the free Apple Public Beta Program. The latter is the easiest option for most people who don't want to pay the yearly fee.
Once you are signed up for either program, the updates will be available as over-the-air updates in the same fashion we've outlined for the regular iOS updates.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.