Apple on Monday released iOS 12 to the public after months of beta updates. The major update brings along a ton of new features that continue to flesh out the iPhone and iPad experience. In case you are unfamiliar with these new features, you can read more about it here.
iOS 12 is an important update for Apple because it aims to improve the overall experience of the software, doing away with the pesky bugs that were so annoying on iOS 11. It’s an update you should definitely download. Here’s how you can do that.
First off, below all the compatible iOS devices that will get the update.
- iPhone: iPhone 5S, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max
- iPad: iPhone mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad 5th generation, iPad 6th generation, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro (1st generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (second generation)
- iPod: iPod touch 6th generation
If you have a compatible device, here’s what to do:
- Navigate to your Settings.
- From here, go down to General
- Find Software Update where you’ll see that an update is available.
- Go down and press Download and Install, where you can input your pin (if you have one) and agree to the terms and services
That’s all there is to it. The update shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes, so you’ll be off and running with iOS 12 in no time.