It’s been a while since we had a monthly update for the Xbox One. After a long string of consistent updates, we received the much-needed overhaul that sped up and streamlined the overall interface. Once that was out, the Xbox team concentrated on keeping things stable through the holidays. The updates are returning in February, and here’s what we can look forward to seeing on our Xbox One consoles.
The system will receive the following enhancements come February:
- See who’s in a party before you join it
- Gamerscore Leaderboard
- Rearrange Pins on the home screen and access them offline
- Xbox One activity feed will notify you of new posts
- Join Twitch broadcasts from a game’s hub
- Hide games from your Ready to Install list
The Xbox app for Windows 10 is seeing enhancements as well.
- The Avatar Store will let you let you customize your Xbox avatar if you’re into that kind of thing
- Xbox News will be integrated into the app
- Improvements to the app’s Compact Mode
Microsoft’s constant updates were one of the Xbox’s best features in 2015, and I’m glad to see it back again this year. It helps keep the system relevant and fresh for owners both new and old. This update is relatively small, but I’m already looking forward to seeing what 2016 holds for the console.