Before you shred the gnar while pulling a Superman as you paraglide through a ring of fire, don’t forget take GoPro brand new action camera, the Hero 6 Black, along for the ride. It looks familiar, having carried over the Hero 5 Black’s design from last year, but GoPro promises the guts are faster and images better.
Some of the highlights of the Hero 6 Black include the ability to shoot 4K video at 60fps and 1080p video at 240fps. If you like super slow motion footage, that last tidbit will be right up your alley. But that’s not all.
GoPro’s latest action cam also features a custom processor, which the company claims enables twice the video frame rates, improved image quality and video stabilization, dynamic range, and low-light performance. The Hero 6 Black also offers faster offload speeds and support for GoPro’s QuikStories feature.
“Hero6’s next-level image quality, video stabilization and three times faster QuikStories performance makes it a powerful storytelling extension of your smartphone,” said GoPro CEO Nick Woodman. “It’s never been easier to live it, then share it… using a GoPro.”
The GoPro Hero 6 Black is available now for $499. You can see its full list of features down below.
- Powered by GoPro’s Custom-Designed GP1 Processor
- 4K60 and 1080p240 Video
- QuikStories Enabled, GoPro App Compatible
- Most Advanced Stabilization of any HERO camera
- All-New Touch Zoom
- 3x Faster Offload Speeds via 5GHz Wi-Fi
- Waterproof to 33 Feet (10m)
- Compatible with Karma and Existing GoPro Mounts
- Improved Dynamic Range and Low-Light Performance
- RAW and HDR Photo Modes
- Voice Control in 10 Languages
- GPS, Accelerometer and Gyroscope
- WiFi + Bluetooth