FTL: Faster Than Light is far and away one of my favorite games to release in a good long while. This tiny project with unbelievably good music has sucked more than 100 hours of my life away, and that comes because of its random generation and insane difficulty.
$10, as of right now, scores you the PC version of the game. The developers behind the product have just announced that it's now making its way to the iPad. Even better, the current versions of the game are getting updated, for free, to an "Advanced Version."
Here, according to the official site, is what that entails:
FTL: AE is a huge content addition that includes new weapons, drones, augments, systems, enemies, and more. Here are some details on just a few of the additions visible in the trailer:
- Mind Control System: Temporarily turn enemies into allies. Force a boarder to repair the damage they just did, or have the enemy pilot sabotage their own helm.
- Hacking System: Lockdown and disrupt enemy systems. Unique effects for each system, ranging from forcing a teleporter remove boarders to making the medbay damage instead of heal.
- New Sector and Events: Our writer Tom Jubert has returned along with special guest writer Chris Avellone (of Planescape fame), who managed to find some time for us between his work on Project Eternity and Wasteland 2. They've been helping us add a new sector and scatter new events throughout the rest of the game.
- New Weapons and Effects: Many new weapons that take advantage of new mechanics: overcharging to increase the number of volleys, stun effects to freeze crew, and area effect targeting, to name a few.
- And more systems, drones, augments, enemy ships, enemy layouts, and hostile environments. All of which we'll be sure to talk about more in the coming weeks!
In addition to new content, we've continued to polish FTL and add some of the most requested small features. As a few examples: you'll be able to save your crew positions and send them back to battle-stations, save and quit during combat, and find more items for purchase in stores.
While the FTL team did not hammer down a solid release date for either the iPad version or update, they did indicate that they plan to launch both simultaneously in 2014. Color me pumped.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
These are the Star Wars Games you're looking for
Become one with the Force as we give you a list of our favorite Star Wars-themed games.