Fossil is beefing up its smartwatch lineup with four new additions offering classic designs with plenty of technology under the hood. The company unveiled the Q Nate, Q Crewmaster, Q Gazer, and Q Tailor on Wednesday ahead of an official launch in September.
All four hybrid models offer a standard analog watch face and a replaceable coin cell battery that should last through six months of use. Fossil also packs the device with sensors to track your activity and sleep.
Each watch can also sync to your smartphone to buzz and light up when you receive an important notification. The physical buttons can even be set to control functions on your smartphone, like making it ring to help find it, snapping a photo or controlling the music. The devices are compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
The Q Crewmaster features a fresh design, offering stainless steel and some colorful options. There’s also the new Q Gazer, an elegant smartwatch targeting woman with crystal accents and a pink design. Additionally, Fossil it upgrading its regular Nate and Tailor watches with smart capabilities and adding them to the Q series.
Fossil is launching all four new models on September 26, with pre-orders kicking off on September 14. The new smartwatches start at $175.
Fossil Adds Four New Hybrid Smartwatches to Its Fossil Q Line
Richardson, TX – August 31, 2016 – The Fossil Q line is growing with the addition of four new fashionable hybrid smartwatches. Curiously unassuming, they are more than meets the eye. The Q Nate, Q Crewmaster, Q Gazer and Q Tailor infuse technology into a traditional timepiece unlike any other. All four hybrid smartwatches can be pre-ordered at www.fossil.com/q starting September 14 and will be available in Fossil stores and online at www.fossil.com starting September 26.
“We know our customers desire both form and function. They want to stay connected while enhancing their personal style and these new hybrid smartwatches do both,” said Jill Elliott, chief creative officer. “Our new hybrid smartwatches are the ultimate convergence of fashion and technology, bringing together the elegance and simplicity of an analog watch with the most popular alerts and tracking features offered by today’s smartwatches. We pride ourselves on being innovators in the fashion watch space, and we believe that the hybrid smartwatch is the future of fashion watches.”
Blending Analog Design with Smart Connectivity
The hybrid smartwatches look like ordinary watches, but also provide all of the functionality of a world-class tracker hidden in the sleek style of a traditional timepiece. Features include:
· Activity tracking
· Sleep monitoring
· Custom goal setting
· Automatic time zone
· Second time zone
· Filtered notifications with vibration & dial animations
· Q LINK capabilities controlled by bottom pusher
o Ring my phone
o Take a photo
o Control my music
· Up to 6-month battery life: coin cell battery, easy-change with tool or coin
· Compatible with Android™ OS 4.4+ or iPhone 5/iOS 8.2+ · Bluetooth® wireless technology
· Activity Integration including Google Fit™, UA Record™ by Under Armour, UP by Jawbone™ and Apple Health app
The new hybrid smartwatches blend analog design with smart connectivity. This wrist essential is always on and always connected with a battery life of up to six months (based on usage). Bluetooth technology allows the hybrid smartwatches to alert you to accomplished fitness goals or incoming smartphone notifications with a vibration or spinning minute and sub-eye hands. Set an alarm, view 24-hour time, compare time in multiple time zones and track everything from steps to calories to sleep. Press the bottom pusher to operate the camera or control music on your phone. You can even locate your phone using the same button.
All devices have limitless options for personalization including interchangeable straps in leather, silicone and stainless steel.
Specifically, the Fossil Q hybrid smartwatch line includes the following:
• Q Crewmaster: A brand new platform for those with the boldest style. The Fossil Q Crewmaster fits your adventurous lifestyle with a strong stainless steel and colorful build, and lets you keep track of your fitness and sleep, and it even auto-updates the time based on where you are!
• Q Nate: One of Fossil’s best-selling platforms just got smarter! The Fossil Nate’s eye-catching construction and on-the-move functionality play with an urban aesthetic. Made for weekend warriors, the Fossil Q Nate is available in a range of colors on both leather and steel straps.
• Q Gazer: Incredible smarts packed into an elegant and slim package. Designed for the girl who loves a subtle shine to stand out in the crowd, Q Gazer is the smartwatch that pulls it all together. Dressed up with crystal accents, control your music, ring your phone when you can’t find it, take a selfie, track your fitness … the Q Gazer just does it all!
• Q Tailor: The beauty is in the details with one of our most loved watches. With a minimalist design taken to the max, Tailor delivers fresh femininity with a classic steel case and luxe colored straps like navy and rich shades of browns, all while letting you keep track of how many steps you take and notifying you of only the things you care the most about.
Our new hybrid smartwatches are compatible with both Android smartphones and iPhones and start at $175.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Suck out the moisture, not the fun, with these dehydrators
Dehydrated food is a great way to make your food last longer than normal. we have made a list of our favorites for you to enjoy.